Chapter 25: The Callis

Chapter 25

The Callis

||Annabeth Chase||

In this few weeks that I've seen Percy, I don't think I've seen him as irritated as he is now. Not that I can't blame him, I am too, in all honesty.

"I don't understand why I'm forced to be in the back line instead of the front! I'm the strongest demigod!" Timothy Leon argued. I don't know what's clogging this guy's brain, but apparently, he just has to keep provoking the guy he shouldn't be provoking.

"Timothy, sit down." Jason sighed, looking exhausted and irritated as we all are.

"No! I can't allow myself be humiliated like this!"

Jokes on you, Leon, you're already humiliating yourself. 

"Timothy, it's not your place to choose. You're not in charge." Reyna stated firmly.

"This is my camp!"

It was as if I was watching it, I could sense Percy's veins pop in annoyance. "Son of Poseidon, I advise you to sit your ass down in that chair or so help me Chaos." stated the commander, finally standing up. His hands palming the shiny wooden U-shaped table.

"This is your fault!" Timothy fought back.

In a blink of an eye, two of the Army leaders, Castor and Beckendorf, had Timothy sitting down, both holding his shoulder down. Percy coughed, straightening his outfit. "The Army and I have been looking at the statistics of your training, and you, Timothy Leon, is hardly improving in terms of weapon abilities. You might've been good once, or at some point, but now, your abilities have gone so far down that the only one you surpasses is the youngest campers. In physical abilities, yes, you are in good shape but you can't be used in battles in terms of weapons."

There was nothing to describe in Timothy's face the moment it dawned on him. He gave no effort, after all, I suppose now, he's just reaping the benefits of it.

"Now, I'm giving you two choices. I could put you in with others who are more in physical, basically, those who refuse to fight, and you'll be with those who carries the injured or supplies to the fighters. Or..." Percy took a deep breath as if steeling himself. "As much as I dislike you, Son of Poseidon, I am willing to give you another chance. You need to increase your weapon abilities, and in order for this to happen, you have to put in extra hours like the others. One of us in the Army would be there to supervise you, I would be there to supervise you from time to time. Pick your poison by the end of tonight."

He didn't wait for any response before moving onto another topic, gesturing to those who held Timothy down to let him go and then to Nico. The second-in-command pressed something in his screen and all of a sudden, the empty table in front of our side now held a stack of papers.

"This," Nico gestured to the papers, "are every campers statistics. Aside from Leon, the others are undetermined which position they go in. It's your decision in who goes where not ours. I advise that you choose well and hard, it's not going to be an easy battle. Pick the wisest, strongest and brightest."

Jason, seated right beside Piper and Reyna, spoke: "Will you be fighting with us?"

The Army, silent for a second, exchanged glances with each other with the exclusion of Percy who was typing away on his holographic screen. They, then, waited for their commander to answer. Sea-green, red tinted eyes stared up at us, eyes calculating. "If worse comes to worst, then yes."