Alternator

Ah, the sun felt so good against my skin. It was nice to get out of the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoy the beauty of what the world had to offer. My gaze swept over the waves of the ocean, water slapping against the bank and adding a lovely noise to the air. My eyes flickered over to my friends, one in particular caught my eye. Shiemi wore a pink bathing suit, a towel underneath her as she lay on the sand. She must have felt my eyes on her because her own shifted over to me. A blush covered her cheeks and she gave me a small smile.

My heart pounded and I swallowed, giving her a toothy grin of my own. She giggled and I heard Shima and Ryuji poking fun at us from a few feet away. I rolled my eyes, but ignored them for the most part. With a bit more confidence, I shuffled over to Shiemi, fixing my own towel and laying down. Before I could say anything, she cut me off, "stop being an idiot."

I blinked a few times and gave her a confused look. "There's no way logic is going to help you here." Logic? I wasn't using that, I rarely ever did...

"It's a lot better than just sitting around and waiting for someone to show up and save us." My eyes shot over to Shima, who seemed pissed. His mouth opened and the words floated out, "that's a death wish and you know it."

Honestly, what the hell was going on here? Was I missing something? My eyes darted back to Shiemi, who seemed angered, but stayed silently still... wait... my eyes roamed our surroundings. The seagulls overhead were frozen in midair, their screeches gone... it was too quiet, even the ocean wasn't making any noise. Shifting on the sand, I looked over my shoulder. Everything was as if I'd paused a movie, but why?

"Chicken, you know nothing about cars, how can you expect to fix this one? It's completely totaled." I shook my head and cuffed my ears, but the voice wasn't coming from the beach. Almost as if on cue, things started to move around me, continuing on as if nothing had happened. Absolutely disoriented, I looked over at Shiemi, who glanced up at me, a blush spreading through her face and a small smile crossing her lips. What the fuck? Wait... why was everything dimming?

I blinked, and from one moment to the next, I seemingly teleported. The usual feeling of being tired yet well rested made me realize that I had just been dreaming. I had the urge to yawn and stretch out, but the voices of Shura and Yukio made me pause. "We need to get help, Shura, the kids aren't alright."

"No duh, Chicken, don't you think I have eyes? My point is that; if you start messing with that van, you will probably get hurt as well. We can't afford any screw ups." I heard a garbled grunt and my superiors went quiet. I cracked an eyelid and slowly turned my head to look over at them. Thankfully, they didn't notice me, Koneko was waking up, however. I highly doubt they'd continue their conversation with an audience.

Koneko exchanged a groggy greeting and within a few moments, Suguro woke up as well. I waited patiently for a few more of my classmates to wake up before deciding to move as well. "Good morning Rin-kun," Izumo stated, and I reciprocated just as politely.

"Yuki, when are we getting out of here?" A few others nodded in agreement with Shiemi, and my brother sighed.

"Ryuji-san's parents were expecting us around midnight last night. Seeing as how it's-" he glanced up at the sky overhead, measuring the sun's path, "probably ten in the morning, they've most likely already notified authorities. This is basically a waiting game until we are found."

The conversation died off a bit after that and it lost my interest. My eyes roamed over my peers, taking in their appearances. All of us had some sort of ragged images, most of us had bed-head, except Koneko, obviously. Our usually pressed and proper academy uniforms had dirt and wrinkles on them. However, besides our frumpy natures and a few spots of dried blood and bruises, we were fine.