Rearview Mirror

Her chilly finger's moved across my thigh, her skin was especially cold as they neared my wound. "I wish it poked out more," she said quietly. Her eyes flashed up for a moment, looking around inside of the vehicle. "Grab onto something," she ordered and I started to question her, but she cut me off. "Zip it, the quicker it's out, the better." I grumbled and gripped onto the headrests on either side of me. "Good, I'm gonna pull it out on three. Okay? One-"

"Woah! Woah! Wait-"

"Two-"

"I'm not ready, stop!" I started pulling away from her, my heart fluttering with panic.

"Three-" with wide eyes, I watched in horror as she dug her fingers into my thigh, grasping the small wooden piece precariously. I cried out, my entire body reacting on instinct and pushing her away from me. Thankfully, the pain subsided for the most part. However, she was left empty handed. "Goddammit, Rin!"

I continued to groan in agony, my hands covering the now bleeding wound. "Honestly Sensei, what the hell is going on?" Bon said from a few feet away.

"I told you all to stay put," she spat out.

I groaned once more, my voice trailing of into a whine at the end. "Yeah, well, it sound like you're trying to butcher a live animal over here. What's going on?"

"I got a damn piece of this branch wedged in my thigh, that's what's going on." I snapped, peeking under my bloody fingers too look at my battered leg.

I heard Bon cuss in surprise and Shura asked for his help. Suddenly, I was pushed down and Bon was sitting on my stomach, facing toward Shura and blocking my view of her. "Guys! Stop! I don't like this!" I shoved at Suguro's back, but he didn't even budge. If he didn't move his ass soon, I'd have to use my demon side to do it for him. I didn't want that to happen however, as I didn't want to cause him any harm, that's the last thing we needed in this situation.

"Rin, you'll get an infection if that stays in there. Let's just get this over with as quick as possible." My teacher chided me, and I tried kicking at her, but I was basically blind and missed. "Stop fussing," I felt her hand near my wound again and I closed my eyes, covering my face with my hands.

Without warning, she dug her fingers back in, sending a searing pain through my body. I howled and kicked, and I'm pretty sure I bit my tongue. The noises that escaped my throat seemed inhuman even to my ears. I whined louder and felt her twist the wood, which had me kicking harder. "For fucks sake! Pull it out!" As instructed, she yanked on it, tearing it from my flesh. I shoved Bon and he hopped off me, leaving me to writhe in pain.

I clutched my leg, whining and panting as it bled heavily. The van shifted suddenly and I felt another pair of hands on me. My eyes flashed up at the figure, and teal eyes stared back at me dully. Yukio pushed my hands away and replaced them with his own, some sort of fabric was in his hand and he pressed on the hole firmly. I gritted my teeth and continued to voice my agony. After a minute or so of continuous pressure, my cries calmed and I settled.

Yukio shifted his hands, the fabric turned out to be an academy button up. I didn't know who it belonged to, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want it now. My twin moved the shirt so that the torso section was pressed against my injury, but the sleeves were loose. Thankfully, it was a long sleeved dress shirt, or else what he did next wouldn't have worked. I watched and flinched occasionally as he tied the sleeves around my thigh twice. He assured that the garment wouldn't budge before moving out of the van silently.

I huffed and laid in the van for awhile longer, staring at my blood stained hands and the grey ceiling of the vehicle. What a mess we were in, and now I was even more of a pain to the others. I could only be thankful that I was the one who took the brunt of it. I'd hate to have any of the others go through this.