Hybrid

Christ, my head fucking hurt, no only that, but it felt like I'd been hit by a small car. The last thing I wanted was to wake up at this moment. Sadly, fate would have it that I wouldn't get what I wanted. I cracked an eyelid, a small ray of light filtering through the leaves of the tree I was laying in. Memories slowly flooded my brain and I rubbed my face, trying to push away my sleepiness. I was vaguely aware that the cut near my eye was healing, but I paid no mind to it. There was a rustling above me and I moved to hide, but something held me back.

I grunted and looked downward, taken aback when I saw my belt, actually, more than one belt, strapping me to the branch I was laying on. Puzzled, I unhooked the strap and held the leather in my hands.

There was another rustle and I pushed myself up against the tree trunk, peaking around to catch a glimpse of what was making such a racket.

"Good, you're alive." I yelped and my head snapped forward, Suguro's silhouette coming into view. "You look like a dork, leering around a tree like that." I huffed and noticed his sagging pants. Without confirmation, I separated the belts and tossed the longer one to him. "Thanks, I got worried that you'd tumble down while I was gone, so I took the liberty of using my S&M skills on you."

My nose scrunched up, "that's disgusting, and the last thing I wanted to know about you." He laughed and waved me off, mentioning that he was joking. "So, what were you doing?" I slowly got to my feet, but a sudden pain shot through me and I bit my lip to conceal it.

He didn't seem to notice and he pointed upward. "It was too dark to see last night, but now, I can safely say that I've found the road."

Hope bubbled in my chest and a smirk crossed my face, "really? How far away is it?" My tail thumped happily against the trunk and Bon gave me a quirky look.

"We could walk there in five minutes, probably."

"You're shitting me, we were that close? Goddammit." I ran a hand through my hair, my world slightly tilting, and I leaned against the tree casually. "Well, I guess the only issue is knowing when to get off the road."

Bon nodded and crouched over, jumping down a branch and looking up at me, "Well? Standing around and talking about it doesn't get us anywhere." I laughed and he hopped down another branch. I chewed on my lip, feeling a small ball of anxiety settle in my stomach. My leg was a little fucked up, and I didn't know how mobile I could be. There was only one way to find out, though. I took a few deep breaths and followed Bon. I pushed myself down, branch by branch, bitting my tongue along the way. To be honest, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it'd be.

"You sure are taking forever, you need some help?" He called up and I declined, shoving myself down another branch. Finally, all I had to do was touch the ground. I swung myself over the last branch, dangling my legs over the edge and pushing myself off.

"Gah!" Most of the pressure hit my right foot, reverberating up my shin.

"Dude, you okay?" I nodded vehemently and he sighed. "If you're that fine, let's get a move on. I don't feel like spending another night with man's best friend." I pulled myself up into a standing position, waiting until he turned to let my expression crack. My leg was pounding harshly and I had to cover my pained grunts as we continued to walk.

Bon made sure to lead the way, pushing branches away and avoiding ferns and tree roots. He knew I was putting on a facade, but at times like this, you really can't afford to whine. He was silent during our journey, and not once did he bring out his phone. Finally, I brought up the topic; "what time is it?"

"Hell, if I know," he grunted back. "My battery drained sometime last night. All I know is that it's morning, and I'm no good with that whole 'look at the sky' thing." I hummed and followed after him, the dull ache in my shin was bearable, for now.