Chapter 19: Pizza and Heels

Dedicated to isaramirez22 (book cover)

 Rori Everhart

 “Gale,” I heard him say. “What are you doing here?”

 “I came to eat. This is a restaurant after all is it not?” she said and I’m glad she has not yet noticed the weird girl under the table.

 “You eat?” Alex said in mock surprise, “I didn’t know you did that.” I couldn’t hold back the chuckle that escaped my lips. I immediately realized my mistake when a pair of hot pink heels came to view and it was directly beside me. Staying under would make me look like a bigger retard so I straightened myself up. Maybe if I act just like her she wouldn’t recognize me, I told myself. I brushed my hands through my hair, fixing it before looking up at her.

 I met an icy blue glare. Her beautiful, hundred-dollar face was contorted in deep jealousy and disgust.

 “Well..” I said awkwardly smiling. “I found my phone.”

 “Do believe we haven’t been introduce,” Gale said with a beautifully, icy smile on her face. I tried my best to not flinch underneath her glare. I glance towards Alex, begging for help with my eyes. His eyes mirrored the panic in mine.

 “This is Ro-Rose, she is from out of town. You don’t know her.” Alex said quickly recovering, extending a hand towards me.

 “Hi,” I waved at her giving her a small smile, her face still contort with disgust. She rolled her eyes at me and turned back to Alex, a fake smile lighting up her face.

 “So, how about we ditch this place and go somewhere more private?” She asked batting those dark thick eyelashes of hers. He chuckled inching his chair back and standing.

 “Actually that is a great idea, if you don’t mind, Ro-r-se,” He said looking at me, my jaw dropped and I couldn’t believe my ears. “I think we should head out.” He extended his hand to me and I let out a shaky exhale. I took his hand and he helped me up, my arms looping through his. Gale stood with her mouth hanging open as we walked past her. Halfway out the door I couldn’t help to throw a wave over my shoulder at her.

 “The look on your face when I said we should leave, priceless.” Alex muttered in my ear and I glared at him. “I can’t believe you actually thought I’d ditch you.” He held his hand over his heart and tired to look offended. I chuckled.

 “You’re not exactly known for the best things. With your reputation and all, I just didn’t know what to expect..” I trailed off looking the other way. Alex laughed.

 “What reputation?” He asked baffled.

 “Oh please, like you don’t know.” I scoffed at him.

 “Yeah well, I won't admit to anything but I won’t deny anything either.” A smirk was plastered on his face. “If you say so,” I muttered.

 “Can we go home now, it has been a really long day.” I said leaning my head on his shoulder as we walked towards our car that was parked down the block. I don’t know when I started getting this cozy with him, but I don’t know, something about it just feels right.

 “Sure thing,” He muttered. Alex held the door open for me and I smiled stepping. Alex slide in next to me and gave the drive instructions to take us back to the house. The ride home was silent but comfortable, low music played in the background. It was hard to pull away him and not feel his body warmth, but I would prefer it if I made it home alive instead of ending up on television for causing a car accident.

 When we pulled up to the house, I was half asleep and refused to get to my feet and walk up the stairs. So Alex ingeniously let me climb on his back as he started on the stairs. I probably weight next to nothing at how easily he lifted me up. My cheek was pressed against his back, arms around his neck. I ignored how awkwardly close his hands were to my butt and just concentrated on the fact that he was almost as comfortable as my bed and definitely smelt better.

 I felt my bed dip as he let set me down on my pillow. I immediately snuggled into my covers, my consciousness quickly slipping.

 “You two must’ve had some fun,” I heard someone by the door say but I was drifting too fast to even care. Alex replied something but I couldn’t hear anything but babble before the world was black.

 Alexander Clarke

 “You two must’ve had some fun,” the velvety voice said from behind me. I whipped my head back to see Mrs. Everhart in a crimson red silk robe and half glass of wine in her hand, hair tied up in a loose bun allowing tendrils of her brown hair to escape. She didn’t look so neat and uptight in this state but the feral look in her eyes and that predatory smirk on her lips never seem to fade.

 “Yeah, we went for some pizza.” She quirked her eyebrow at me. “Rori is asleep and it’s barely even ten. I assume it’s because she’s tired and not anything alcoholic. Am I right Alexander?” Her gaze was as sharp as a knife’s blade.

 “Uh, yes ma’am.” I said unsurely. It was weird. Shouldn’t she know that Rori is allergic to alcohol since she’s the one who brought her out to the world? I looked at her questioningly.

 “Do you have something to say?” she asked bringing the glass to her and taking a sip. I noticed the red imprint of her lipstick mark on the clear material.

 “Rori’s allergic to alcohol. I would never let her take anything alcoholic.”  I said. She seems taken aback by what I said and by the looks of it, she didn’t seem to know that.

 “I see.” She said. “Why don’t you step out and let my daughter rest.” I looked back to see her asleep, her chest rising and falling calmly. I walk across the room and close the door behind me while she was already making her way down the stairs.

 She made herself comfortable in one of the luxury couches. Her legs crossed.

 “I’ll get going then Mrs. Everhart.” I told her tensely. She didn’t say anything and just let the awkward air between us hang. She was one intimidating woman. I made my way to the front door and was about to leave when she finally spoke.

 “My daughter seems to not be using you as much as she should.” She took a pause. “I will see that that will be corrected soon.” There was a promise to her words.

 “Goodnight Mr. Clarke. Drive safely.” I could hear her smirking even though she had not spared me a glance. I returned the good bye before leaving with my bike.

 _____________________________________________________________________

Things are about to get good (wink). MUAHHAAAAHAAAAA. Stay tuned peeps. Peace,

-Lupe