Working a Romance

I inhale the cigarette and let out the smoke letting it kiss my lips as I exhaled.

I've been sitting here for ten minutes watching the city and all the people living their lives so oblivious. I put the cigarette out with my heel and go inside.

I look towards my room where my life just shattered into a million pieces. I grab a blanket and pillow from the hallway closet and head to the couch wishing for sleep hoping I won't wake up.

***

I wake up to pounding on my door I look at my phone and see its seven in the morning.

As I stretch I walk to the door and see Ian in disheveled clothes. I don't even try to open the door I just walk away.

Ian starts yelling through the door and since I really don't care right now or ever will about him again,  I walk to my room and head to the bathroom to take a shower.

I turn the shower on and set it to hot, I feel my muscles relax and I just stand there wondering what the fuck I'm going to do.

After I finish all my shower necessities I get out and walk in my closet with a towel on my head air drying my body in the process. I grab my summer clothes that are super bright and happy total opposite of my mood but nobody needs to know that though.

I put all my work needs in my purse and head out the door locking up and only to turn around to face Ian I thought since it was quiet and there wasn't any banging on the door and yelling that he was gone but I guess I was very wrong, I start to walk away but only to be forcefully pulled back hitting the wall with my head.

" I only want to talk Izzy that's it please baby for me" I give the ' you really wanna mess with me right now' face

" No," I say and push him back

"Baby please I'm so sorry I really didn't mean to do it" I look at him flabbergasted that he would actually try and say he didn't mean to slip his dick in her fucking vagina

" seriously you're seriously gonna try and say that you just happened to be naked and her to and Y'all just tripped and ended up in her fucking vagina" he looks shocked I blew up and just shouted what he and Ann just did in public.

I walk away and actually end up close to the front desk of the apartment building when I hear him yelling at me I instantly ignore it and go up to the desk clerk

" Please help me  Alex that man over there won't stop harassing me and I would like it if you could please make sure he isn't allowed in this building again," I ask Alex and he just nods his head, yes and I gladly thank him.

I walk out of the building towards my car and hop in driving towards my job which unfortunately has both of them working there too.

As I arrive to work I head straight to my desk only to find Ann with puffy eyes and tears running down her face I head to the break room getting coffee I hear sniffling so I turn towards her just drinking my coffee and watching her cry because really I don't care anymore I've been hurt to many times to count.

I walk out after thirty minutes of watching my ex-best friend cry and though it sounds bitchy but her crying made me get a headache so I head to my office and look for jobs in my line of work and find nothing so I call up my favorite cousin, it rings two times when I hear him,
" hey Izz whatcha need" he gruffly says with a hint of playfulness.
" well I was gonna ask if you know someone in need of an assistant," I say lowly but in desperation.
" Um I think but I'll call and ask around but may I ask why though I thought you loved your job and you get to work with your hubby," he says now with concern.
" can you just ask around I will tell you later ok," I say a little agitated.
" ok well I'll ask around,  bye love ya Izz talk to you later," he says and I hang up not saying anything back, I get back to job searching and end up with nothing so I just finish my work and more papers.

I close down my computer and head out by now everyone is either at home or the clubs as I'm heading to the elevator I hear muffled moaning and grunting by my bosses office which so happens to be my ex's office and so being the naive and nosy woman I am I walk towards it and slightly opening it enough to see Ann and a man look similar to Ian going at it, seriously like it wasn't enough for them to fuck on my own bed but they have to fuck in my work place too,  having enough I close it and get to the elevator having enough of those cheating bastards. I am walking towards my car when I get a text from my ex 'hubby'
* she even lets me fuck her ass *
I am boiling with anger I slam my phone back into my purse and get in revving the engine to life and speeding out towards my apartment.

I slam my stuff down and head to the bathroom needing a nice relaxing bath to soothe my anger right before I get in I run to the kitchen grabbing my phone so I can read while relaxing yes it sounds weird but I do it all the time. I sink into the bath moaning in pleasure as the hot water soothes my tense back and shoulders. I move my hands in the bubbles of the bath putting some on my face as a beard giggling to myself as flashbacks of childhood goes through my head, I lay my head back and close my eyes relaxing into blissful quietness 'my milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard and there like my' I rush to grab the phone wanting the stupid funny song to be over with.
" hello Izzy speaking"
" hey Izz it's me remember your favorite cousin in the whole wide world" I smile knowing automatically it's Micheal but I want to pester him a bit.
" Oh hey, Sammy long time no talk" I hear a gasp.
" Oh, girl you did not just go there ok fine then I'll tell my favorite cousin Wyatt about his new job haha" I shoot up.
" Nonono I mean hey Mikey you know you'll always be my favorite you know that, " I say laughing a bit with him.
" ok back to business well I called a good friend of mine but since he lives here in Italy your gonna have to move here if you need to you can stay here till you get your footing" I think of everything but come up with nothing except that great Chinese restaurant down the street who love me and know my order.
" um I guess but don't I need to talk to him first or what," I say nervously
" Um yeah about that he actually already hired you so your gonna have to move here anyway haha um I love you," he says nervously.
I sit there water turning cold as I think over what I am gonna do but really it could be an adventure for me sort of and I'll have my annoying but loving cousin there so it can't be that bad.
" ok... I'll do it"