S10: Louis; King of Wern

⚜

-Year 361 BG-

Things have taken from bad to worse.

I discovered that Ingrid is not human as I thought she was. There were plenty of hints, but I dismissed them for the logic I believed since young. But now, it's all crumbled down.

Magic exist in the form of essences. At least that's what her twin sister, Sabrina, calls them.

Sabrina have been really helpful in filling up the gaps of our knowledge here in Wern, but I fear she is still hiding more important information that can put my people at risk. I must prepare a counter-plan. Against the essences, and against the beings much like the two.

I hope I can continue trusting my friend Ingrid...

-Year 361 BG-

My people have learnt quite a bit about essences, and how it can be useful to our everyday life. But I feel tentative at the notion of using something foreign to our own.

There is something about the essences that makes me feel anxious. For what it is, the clues lie with my sister Cecilia, Ingrid and Sabrina.

I know they are different from most of us, and I must find out what lies beneath the surface. The foreboding I feel is getting stronger everyday.

Something else I've found in secrecy.

Sabrina is from the land unknown. The other side of the world that I have yet to reach. I have sent a small group to inspect. But its been a couple of months since.

Another year will turn.

Will this fear of mine never end?

-Year 362 BG-

I have assigned a proxy King for Wern, for I am mostly found in battlefields.

Ingrid is with me, always. She feels anxious, and she appears to express it by staying by my side.

She has been a great help with my victories. And I am afraid, what I have been denying within my heart cannot remain hidden for long.

If she is not my enemy, I wish for her to remain by my side.

-Year 362 BG-

Sabrina revealed that there is an organization after her, and they are coming closer to Wern.

For how she knew, the answer lies with her entity and the essences that seems to have been increasingly abundant. Even I, who do not pay attention to it, can now feel it in the air.

Ingrid has been forcing me to learn how to manipulate the essences in the air. She appears very anxious for my safety, and for the coming days.