The Cold TARDIS

"That, my dear Clara, is a secret," he said grabbing Clara's hand and pulling her down the stairs along with her luggage. "But I will tell you that I plan to be gone for a couple of weeks. So hopefully you packed enough clothes," The Doctor said smiling.

          "You know that would have been helpful to know before I packed, or while I was packing, or maybe even before we left! Honestly, Doctor!" Clara said to him jokingly as she entered the TARDIS.

          Clara set down her luggage on the console room floor and the TARDIS immediately moved somewhere else in the time machine. Honestly, Clara thought, how are we ever going to get along if she keeps doing stuff like this?

          Before she could think any further on the subject, the TARDIS was suddenly moving, and she was once again jerked around the control room like a rag doll. She could hear The Doctor cursing under his breath, and she couldn't help but giggle. He never used curse words right, and if he did, he would always think he used it wrong.

          "Oi! What are you laughing about over there? This really isn't funny, we're stuck somewhere in deep space," The Doctor yelled over the complaining machine.  "What damned thing has broke now?"

          "Why would you ask me? You're supposed to be the genius!" Clara yelled back. She was annoyed with the TARDIS by now. She was always breaking down and getting them stranded. "Doctor,  what if nothing broke? What if she's stuck, and can't get out? That's happened before."

          Clara just had time to get out the words when all of the loud banging and wheezing noises stopped,  and the cold started settling in. Clara and The Doctor could already see their breath, and this terrified Clara. Sure, she was wearing warm clothes,  but with the way the temperature was dropping, it wouldn't do her much good. She was worried, and a bit scared at this point, and she could see it on The Doctor's face, too. She knew it. They were screwed. And all because the snog box had decided to drain itself of power trying to get out of deep space. Not that was going to happen anytime soon, now that she was out of energy.

          "Doctor?  I hate to interrupt what ever it is that you're thinking about, but uh, we're going to freeze to death if we don't find warmth," Clara said quickly and worriedly. She was freezing to death,  and all she had to protect her was The Doctor who was so zoned out he wouldn't have been any help in any situation.

          "Right! Okay,  well, first things first, I have extra blankets in that closet over there, and I had the TARDIS put a lot of super warm clothes and blankets on your bed and in your closet, because,  well the place we were going to go was an entire ice planet. Great for skating! But now we're stranded here! Let's go find your room," The Doctor said as he scooped up the blankets from the closet. Both of them noticed that as they moved further back into the inner corridors, the warmer it was. Good. They would need it.

          Once they found Clara's room they quickly put on all of the sweaters and blankets they could fit into.  This was a much harder task for him than it was for Clara because the sweaters were her size, and The Doctor was very clumsy in getting them on. Once they were situated,  they huddled together for extra warmth while the TARDIS slowly hummed as she regained energy. The Doctor just hoped it would be fast, because despite all of the layers, Clara was shivering. He could just regenerate. She could not.

           "Clara, you know that body heat is actually held in better when you don't have clothes on, so if we were to strip down and curl up under a few blankets,  we could be warmer," The Doctor said, and before he could even think about how what he just said sounded, he heard a flirtatious reply from his companion,  "Doctor, is this your way of asking to see me in my underwear?" she giggled.  "Well if we have to to keep from dying,  I guess we could do that."

           The pair stripped down from their clothes and quickly pulled all of the blankets over them, whilst lying down in the bed,  curled up against each other. Clara was praying, hoping that they wouldn't die, and The Doctor was watching her, both being warmed by each other's heat.