Heavy

My breath was heavy, arms tired and legs barely moving. I was taking a quick breather from pushing pounds with my legs and used the time to look through my music and find the right lifting jams. It took awhile to find the right song that got me angry enough but also drowns out the old guys that talked nonstop. When I did finally find the perfect song, my legs were ready to workout once again.

The sweat beaded down my neck, indicating that I was working hard. I could feel my pills somewhat kicking in. They weren't as effective has usual, making working out a little difficult but I was still going. I felt my hamstrings being stretched as I forced them to push up and down from the platform.

In the corner of my eye, I caught a body standing beside me. Ignoring was my specialty so that's what I did while trying to work out my legs. But this person was persistent even when they tried to say something, I tried to shrug it off as if they weren't really talking to me. It was working until they full on touched me.

"Hey there." I heard the words through my earbuds as my attention was pulled out of exercising and on the hand on my shoulder. It was the lady whom my mom had introduced me to. She had a large smile on her face though it had to dodge the little beads of sweat dripping down her forehead. She too had heavy breaths like I did.

Slowly, I took the earbuds out one by one though the song was starting to get good. It wasn't scheduled but another break was taken to talk to the woman who was interrupting me. "Hey." The word didn't come out mean but I did send it out with the edge that hopefully had the 'don't talk to me, I'm doing something' tone.

Lying isn't something that I truly part take in unless I'm lying to my mom about Thorin being in my room or to teachers when I ask to use the bathroom when actually I leave just to walk around. And I won't lie about the fact that I did not remember her name. It wasn't out of spite or hate, it was just that I wasn't very good with names.

"You remember me, right?" She said, taking a swig out of her water bottle.

The best thing I could do was give her a smile in an attempt to reassure that I remembered her. Which I did but not her name, but her face which in my book is still winning. "Of course."

"My name is Blaire." Her hope of me remembering her name quickly vanished as she realized that I wasn't going to say it.

"I was just about to say that." Okay, I don't usually lie.

She spread her lips and rolled her eyes. "Honey, I could tell that you didn't remember it."

"In my defense, I don't really have a good memory for when it comes to names."

Her head nodded in an agreement. "Hey, I know you're working out and all but I need to talk to you." I watched as she crossed over her chest and covered her designer sportswear.

I had missed most of the song anyway so there was no point in trying to pause it and actually turned off my phone to reserve the rest of the battery because, by the look of this lady's face, she meant business. Effort was put into me not sighing and rolling my eyes like how I did every time someone interrupted me. It was to keep the peace between the two of us, especially if I was going to see her more and more because of mom.