FIFTY-TWO

~Jenna~

"Are you afraid?" I asked while my hands clamped around his and my other on his arm. Our feet crushed dried leaves while the wind blew ice cold air. "I mean-are you nervous?"

"Why would I be? It's our pup, their next Alpha. Why should I be nervous? Nervous they won't accept him?" I look up to him and see him looking ahead while he holds Valdus closer to his side.

"Yeah-"

"Jenna." He looks down at me, "if my pack is ever second thinking about their new Alpha, our child, why should they even be in a pack?" I stare into his eyes and he sighs. He looks away and stares straight walking us down to the podium. "Why would any of pack members be nervous about our pup? I gave them my life to protect them. I may be called ruthless, heartless, and the most feared, but I would always protect my pack, and my family. No second thought about that. Always." He stares down at me and give me small smile.

I give him one back and stand on my toes and peck the side of his mouth. "It was just a question." I leaned on him while I saw the podium ahead with both sides of the territory sitting or some standing.

"It was just an answer."

When they heard us they all snapped their head towards us and quickly stood. The warriors on the side of the podium kneel down with their head bowed, while the rest of the pack bowed their heads. I saw Helmer and see him smiling up at me and looked over to Alcander and Valdus. His smile grew and he stood, but the rest of warrior remain kneeling. "Alpha, Luna." He said while gave a quick bow.

"Helmer." I smile. I give him a hug and pull back. "Where's Angelia?" His smiles grows and he looks to the right of me. I see her in the front looking up with her beautiful eyes. I give her a small nod and she gives one back. I look to the left of her and see Wilson. I smile at him and he smiles and shows his teeth while I see his eyes tear at the sight of Valdus.

I roll my eyes and that's when Alcander walks up the steps. Janet is there and she's jumping on her toes. Zelix is there and moving with Janet because her arm is linked with his. His smile never goes away while hers reaches her ears. I walk over to her and give her a hug and she almost screamed in my ear but she quickly slammed her mouth shut. I shake my head and give a low chuckle and then walk over Zelix and give a hug.

"Congratulations Luna." He whispers in my ear. That makes my smile grow big as I pull away. "Thank you Zelix." He nods at me and pulls back Janet.

"You all may be seated." Alcander says and I look over to the crowd and see them quick seat but some stand since there is not enough seats. Alcander hands me over Valdus and I'm so thankful he doesn't make a fit. He starts to play with my hair and squill in my ear.

"I like to thank you all for coming to have a look at your next Alpha. And thank you for not coming and asking for our pup since you heard that your Luna has delivered him. And I'm sorry that I haven't been there for the last mouth to training or to check around the boundaries, if you have a pup, you'll understand." Some wolves chuckle at that comment while Alcander joins in. "Anyway, we came here to celebrate your next Alpha into this pack." He looks over to me and calls me over. I walk towards him and smile at the crowd.

I hand him over to Alcander and I receive a little peck on my check. "This is our pup. Valdus. Alpha Valdus." His voice is strong and proud. Everyone looks at Valdus and they all stare at him with aw and I can't help but look at both of my boys the same. "At age eighteen he would receive the title of this pack. He would carry on our legacy and continued to be the most powerful Alpha out there. Through out his years of being a pup and then go into his teenage stage, I expect you all not to favorite him. Let him earn your respect. Just because he's your next Alpha, that doesn't mean to favorite him in anything. He should earn every title. An Alpha should earn every title and not be given it. And with us." He look towards me and he smiles, "at age eighteen he would be given the title of Alpha, because he earned it. He earned this pack."