FOURTY-TWO

We have been driving east for about an hour now and he hasn't told me anything yet. "Where are we going?" I asked again. "I told you, I don't know where we're going." He repeated. "I swear to god Jasper I will jump right out of this car if you say that again. Now give me a legit answer," I hissed. "I really don't know where we're going but I'm taking you somewhere far away and somewhere safe. I was thinking about somewhere in New York.
      There's a bunch of bad vampires coming. A whole cult of them, id say about 50 maybe 75 of them. They're after your niece Renesme." "Renesme? That's seriously what she named the baby?" I asked. "Yeah," he chuckled. "It's suppose to be Esme and Rene in one." "As sweet as this is that's the worse name to give someone." I laughed. "I know right," he laughed along with me.
     I sighed in happiness leaning against the back of the seat. "We need music," I told him. "Go ahead put on whatever you want," he said handing me an aux chord while keeping his eyes on the road. I plugged the chord into my phone and turned on the aux setting on in the car and startled scrolling through the music on my phone. I decided on putting The 1975 on shuffle since they're my favorite. UGH! Played through the car speakers and I turned it up, leaned back in my seat and put my feet up on the dash, drowning out the world around me in the music.

     "  And you're the only thing that's going on in my mind
      Taking over my life a second time  "