Chapter 17

I took one long last room at my bedroom. This was the house that I grew up in my whole entire life, this house brought both good and bad memories.

I remember that on my sixteenth birthday, Drake drove all the way back from college just to celebrate it with me. That night he took me paint balling, it was one of the most memorable nights that I've ever had. I mean sure I got shot at least three dozen times, but I was just glad that he drove all the way back home just to visit me on my birthday. After that we had ordered pizza and watched my most favourite movie in the whole entire world. No it wasn't the notebook or even twilight. I made him sit through two whole hours of the LOL. I hated the American remake of that version, but I absolutely loved the French one. I've watched the French version of LOL at least a hundred times. I have this slight obsession with French movies. Even though Drake didn't understand a single word they were saying since his French was horrible, he'd still make me laugh with his ridiculous French accent he try to make.

I also remembered when I was seventeen and Chasity was sixteen, I decided for her sixteenth birthday I should her how to sneak out through out windows without getting caught. Sure it wasn't the most sisterly thing for me to do, but I only allowed her to sneak out if she had asked for my permission first in case I needed to cover for her. The first time I tried to show her how to climb out of my window, she got her mini skirt caught on a branch of a tree. She was so freaked out that she wouldn't let go of the tree. I eventually had to go downstairs and find a ladder for her.

Good old memories.

I was actually going to miss this place. My once beautifully decorated room was now empty as ever. I took most of my belongings, all that were left are my desk and bed. This room seemed a lot bigger without all of that junk that was lying on the floor. I better leave now before I missed my flight. Drake was going to come along to help me settle down, and to also visit grandma. I don't know how long it's going to before I ever return to this house since mom said she'd be spending Thanks Giving and Christmas at grandma's this year.

I carried the last of my things downstairs where Drake was already loading the things into the taxi. I handed him my duffle bag as he tossed that into the trunk of the car as well.

"Where's mom?" I asked my brother.

"Yea, about that. She had a last minute meeting at a city just an hour from here. She said that she'll call you tonight."

Of course, why wouldn't I be surprised? She was a workaholic. The only times that I would see her is at dinner, that is if Gavin was over. I ignored the idea and moved on to more serious matters.

☆ '•.¸.•' º ☆

I stepped into the nicely renovated condo that I would be living in for the next four years of my life. Of course I wouldn't be living alone, but my other two room mated wouldn't be moving in until the end of this month, pretty much meaning that I would have this place all to myself for the next one week.

"Hey Munchies, would it be cool if I postpone on the whole helping you get settled until tomorrow? Bryce, Carts, and Lynn are here on vacation, and I kind of told them I'd meet up with them. You know, just to catch up and stuff."

"Are you talking your friends from high school?" I tiredly questioned him as I started to open up some of the boxes with my bare hands.

"Yea them. You remember Bryson and Carter Grayson, they were step brothers. Then there's Aralynn Nguyen, the girl with the dog who tried to kill me. They used to hang at our house a lot."

"They were at our house like every single day, hard to not remember them. Is Aralynn and Carter still super close as they used to be?" I remember that most of them had all gone off to separate colleges, except for Carter and Aralynn who had both went Cornell with full rides.