25. Distraction

Bay and drew^

-

"Bay you've been in this room all day come out to the beach."Leah whines as she barges into my room. Well mine and the boys room.

"No."I whine right back as she tries to drag me out of bed.

"Come on. Someone was wanting to take a walk with you."She says in a sing song voice while smiling at me and I just shake my head at her.

"Who?"

"Drew." She says and I can't help but to smile lazily. I bite my lip while contemplating the offer. But it doesn't take long, cause I mean, who can reject drew?

"Alright let me change." She claps her hands together and smiles triumphantly. This is Leah's way of making me feel better. She's like me when it comes to comforting people, we don't know how. So instead, we use distractions.

"Oh and wear something cute." She says before walking out and I can't help the butterfly's from erupting inside me.

I find my suitcase and grab a plain black cami and put it on. I grab my light washed, high waisted jean shorts, with decorative slits down the front and add a long sleeve shear black jacket that has little white wings all over it. I grab my sunglasses off the dresser and my wallet and head outside.

When I make it out of the beach house I see drew sitting down on the sand a few feet away.

He's wearing a black button up shirt and jeans that are rolled up a bit at the ends. He looks so perfect sitting there.

"Hey." I say lightly as I sit down beside him and he smiles at me.

"Didn't think Leah could actually get you out of that room....I figured you needed a bit of space."
I nod my head agreeing with him and look back out towards the crashing waves. They're peaceful and calm, and with the multicolored sky in the background everything seems so tranquil. I can imagine Kaylee sitting beside me on a day like this, she would be out surfing until her legs were jello and she physically couldn't surf anymore. She loved it.

"Yea. This just brought back too many memories at once." I say still staring at the waves while I replay memories of her in my head.

"I'm sorry about your sister." He says as he grabs my hand. My breath hitches in my throat and I can't tell if it's from him knowing about her or from him grabbing my hand.

"Thanks." I force a smile at him and he gives a sad one back. I know he was trying to comfort me, but it doesn't help.

"So would you be up to going out with me tonight?"

"Are you asking me out on a date drew?" I ask him and he shrugs while showing me his cute dimples.

"Maybe, it depends. Would you say yes?"

"Maybe it depends. Where are we going?" He stands up brushing himself off then offers me a hand.

"That's a secret." I smile and take his hand and we start walking towards the road.

"Alright it's not so much of a secret. There's this cool little bar down the road and it's karaoke night. I thought it would be fun."

"I love singing karaoke."

"Well let's see what you got shortcake."
He laughs as he leads me into a bar. I wonder if he can actually sing. I love singing and I know I'm not the greatest singer but I'm not bad.

After a short walk we arrive outside of a little bar called 'the tipsy singer' it's a small bar made of wood. As soon as we walk in we are standing on a multicolored dance floor and neon lights flash from every direction. To the right is the bar where men are ogling the women swaying their hips on the dance floor, and to the left are booths and tables set up for people to eat and talk.