Ten

A.N Sooo sorry for the late update. My life has a lot going on right now and plus something happened last week that made me feel like I just couldn't be bothered to do anything so I didn't. But here I am with a day off college updating. I promise I will update more as I really wanna get to my own chapters.

- Emma x

-----------------------------

The day after the whole dancing with Steve, I got word that Howard tried to investigate a small glowing thing but it apparently blew him away, literally it blew him off his feet. I laughed when he told me even though he kept telling me it wasn't fun. It was.

"You're a mean person you know that?" Howard said as we looked over some stuff that he had made. I gotta say, this stuff looked so cool.

"I've been told" He smirked before making sure everything was here.

"Be useful and go find your lover" I gave Howard a confused look and he smiled. "It's kinda obvious Ashley"

"I've been told that too" I weakly smiled before going to find Steve. I haven't seen him since last night and I'm worried about what he's going to say. Would it be awkward or just normal? I then turned a corner to see Steve locking lips with Agent Swan. My heart broke and I felt like crying. But I couldn't. I'm a strong woman who's weakness should not be a man.

"Steve!" I shouted making them break apart. "If you are quite finished" I snapped before walking back to Howard, with Steve trying to catch me up.

"Ashley, wait" Steve said as we walked.

"Looks like finding the right partner wasn't that hard after all"

"Ashley, it was not what you thought it was" He assured whilst tidying up his tie that Agent Swan had messed up. I hate her even more now.

"I don't think anything, Steve, not one thing. You're dream was to be a soldier and now you are one. Just like all the rest"

"Well what about you and Stark?" he asked making me sharply turned to face him.

"What about me and Howard?" I asked.

"How do I know you two haven't been fondue-ing?"

"Steve, stop calling it that okay? And no, we haven't done the thing, we will never do the thing. Me and Howard are just friends, nothing more." I turned and walked towards a door where Howard was. Once inside Steve talked to Howard whilst I talked to some agents. I kept going through my head on what made Steve think me and Howard were as close as to doing the thing. I mean I know Howard has a little crush on me so to speak and I have said a few times that I may want to kiss Howard, but that was before I met him and got to know him properly. Howard is a very good friend that I hope I don't lose to the war.

After talking with some Agents I walked with Peggy to where we heard Steve and Howard's voice coming from. Of course I told her what had happened with him and Swan. And like me she was pissed.

"You quite finished Mr. Stark?" Peggy asked as we walked closer. "I'm sure the Captain has some unfinished business" Steve looked to me with an annoyed look as he knew I told her. I shrugged my shoulders at him and look to Howard.

"What do you think?" He asked holding up a metal circle shield like thing Peggy looked to me and I looked to Peggy. I turned round to a table with guns on it. I grabbed a gun and shot 3 times at the shield, with Steve hiding behind it. All the bullets bounced off the shield and didn't even make a mark.

"I think it works. What do you think Peggy?"

"I totally agree Ashley" We smiled at each other before I put the gun down and started walking away with Peggy behind me.

----------------

*Steve's P.O.V*

As they both walked away, me and Howard were in awe of Ashley. I hated that they may have fondue-ed whilst I was away doing my bonds thing. Howard has everything, the looks, the money, the humour, I couldn't compete with that. I'm just a man that is only useful thanks to the transformation. I really need to tell her I loved her before it was too late.

"Just to let you know Cap, she's yours." Howard said not moving his eye sight.

"I have some ideas for the suit" I said handing Howard a piece of paper with some ideas on it.

"Whatever you want pal" Howard said.

----------------

*Ashley's P.O.V*

"You going to talk to Swan?" Peggy asked as we kept walking even though we could feel Steve's and Howard's gaze on us.

"Oh you bet I am" I smiled at her before she walked off leaving me to attend to Agent Swan. I saw her walking up to me so I took my chance.

"Agent Gomez-" She started but I shushed her.

"Ssh. Me doing the talking here. What makes you think you can waltz in here and do what you just did?"

"I'm afraid I don't quite understand" She acted innocent but I saw right through it.

"Oh you understand fine. Captain Rogers is doing his job, he doesn't need distractions."

"Oh distractions? Please, I'm not that one distracting him. You are. I've seen you look at him. You love him. It's pathetic really. He'll never love you"

"Stop it" I warned her but she didn't listen.

"You love him but he will never love you. You're just a friend to him. Poor you. At least I got to kiss him. He's a good kisser." She smirked making me want to punch her in the face. But I felt someone grab my arm before I did.

"Leave her be." It was Peggy's sweet English accent I heard. I sent Agent Swan a glare before turning and walking with Peggy. "You shouldn't let her get to you, Ashley, We all know you're very protective over Rogers"

"Yeah well, people should know not to cross paths me with, especially when arguing."

"Well I can assure you I know that very well"

"Changing the subject. So how was Bucky last night?" I asked her as we stopped at a large map.

"He was nice" She looked at the map looking like she wanted to avoid the talking of Bucky.

"And?" I pushed.

She rolled her eyes. "He is a gentlemen and he asked me to go to back with just him sometime and I agreed" Well at least he asked her. Aww this is so cute,

"Awwwww. You too would make the perfect couple. I know you will" I smiled earning a giggle from Peggy.

"One step at a time Ashley" She rested a hand on my arm before turning and leaving. I sighed and paced my palms on the map so I was now leaning over it, I bit the inside of my cheek as looking at all the places Hydra had been, made me worry about Steve. I shouldn't worry about him especially but I can't help it. I just hope he comes back alive. And Bucky for that matter.

------------------------

A.N So there's Chapter 10. I hope you liked it and I promise you guys I'll update sooner that I have been. 

But anyway, thank you for being patient and thanks for the votes so far. I love seeing people wanting more of this story.

-Emma x