CH 20: Not the best

Lucy Parker pov
"Okay, I'm here, now it's a party!" Comes a cheery voice from the doorway. All our heads whip around to look at the intruder, but my brows furrow when smiles break out on the others faces. I must be missing something...
"Tyler!" Jake yells running from behind the desk and wraps her up in a massive hug. I take that moment to quickly assess her.

She's beautiful, with chocolate brown hair and greeny-blue eyes... wait I've seen those eyes before! They're just like Jake's, they have got to be related. Wow, these guys are really easy to place in families by their looks, I don't look that similar to my parents.

I continue to watch as Jake drops her to her feet and she lets out a laugh as she is immediately engulfed by everyone else, leaving me and Rose as the only people left awkwardly standing out of the group hug. Well looks like all the drama has been momentarily forgotten. Thank you, unknown stranger!

"Wait, we still haven't decided what to do about the rogue." Xavier says breaking from the hug to glower at Rose.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, XAVIER! YOU BETTER BE, AFTER HEARING THAT STORY YOU CAN'T HONESTLY STILL BLAME HER, YOU HEARTLESS IDIOT!" I practically scream, giving him the fiercest glare I've ever produced. No one talks to my adopted sister with that tone, not even my mate.

"Um, not a good time for a visit?" The girl-Tyler I think was her name-says as Xavier and I continue to have a glaring match.

"Not the best." Jake agrees sheepishly.

I win the glare-off with Xavier as I feel my eyes start to glow and he looks away. Not even He's dumb enough to mess with a pissed off faith.

Who has have been suspiciously quiet throughout all this, now that I think about it.

'Hey faith, you alright?' I ask curiously.

'Yeah, just feeling a little... guilty, I guess' She replies and I almost gasp out loud.

'There's nothing for you to be guilty over, I promise none of this is your fault, Faith. ' I tell her in an almost stern tone.

'I guess you're right, it's not either of our faults that we're a shapeshifter or that that woman is dead. Which also means you need to stop blaming yourself as well. I can feel your emotions, Lucy, you can't lie to me, this isn't your fault.' She says in an even sterner tone.

'I guess you're right, thanks, Faith. You're still with me on being mad at Xavier though, right?' I ask sending her a mental mischevious smirk.

' Oh, 100% no one talks to or about our sister like that!" She says with a slight growl.

'Good to know we've both adopted her as our sister in our minds.' I laugh.

'Yeah, especially considering the fact we share a head space.' She replies and I just laugh in return.

'We should probably stop talking though 'cause I'm pretty sure Xavier and the others have been trying to get our attention for the last couple minutes. ' She says with a chuckle and I laugh along before zoning back into reality.

"-EY, HEY Lucy. Anybody home in there!" Jay practically yells in my face. I take a step back, sending him an unimpressed stare.

He shrugs sheepishly, shuffling back towards Mia who rolls her eyes at him.

" Ok, now that I'm done sorting out my priorities with faith, can someone tell me who she is?" I ask, pointing a thumb at the girl who is possibly named Tyler, with a smile.

"Oh right! My name's Tyler, " She says, stepping forward "I'm Jake's younger sister. I've been travelling around packs looking for my mate and seeing the sights, thought I'd pop home for a visit. I clearly didn't pick the best time, sorry about that." Tyler says with a chuckle.