⎡89⎦

The next morning we really began to move. Hermione tied a scarf around one of the trees. She was stalling, anyone could tell, she hoped that Ron would return. She walked up to where I was standing and grabbed my hand, my other one in Harry's. We apparated to a windswept hill top. But immediately Hermione's eyes welled up with tears. I let go of Harry's hand to embrace her, where she cried into my shoulder, leaving tear stains on my shirt. We sat down on the rocks as Harry went around us, casting the protective enchantments around us.

The day moved on slowly. I stayed outside most hours simply thinking. I had been so busy thinking about Horcruxes that I haven't had time to really think for myself. I wasn't so confident that I would have a successful future anymore. I would probably be dead before it could happen. But I loved to imagine how my life would go. I want two kids. Only two. So they would never be lonely. A boy and a girl preferably. James will probably move back into the Mansion, as he is the heir of the household and I will move in with my husband. Whoever that may be.

My family thoughts drifted to thoughts about Draco. I didn't want to know the pain they were putting him through. But I honestly believed I was really falling for him. Last year we had shown each other so much affection. I small part of me wanted to believe that he liked me. But then I realized he usually did this to all the girls. I saw him last year and the year before that. He snuck around. He snuck around with girls and snogged them and got with them. The thought is sickening. He mustn't love those girls. He's never with one for more than a week. And even then, he is with another girl behind her back. He's just a player isn't he? Then why did I fall for him?

I sighed and walked slowly back to the tent. The sun had almost completely set, and it was starting to get dark. When I walked into the tent, Harry was dancing with Hermione. It was adorable. Both of them dancing and swaying to the music, swirling under each other's arms. I smiled and walked to the kitchen. The music faded away, and the air felt different. Nobody was happy anymore. I walked back into the room. Hermione was lying on her bed with eyes closed as Harry was playing with his Snitch as if nothing happened

. . .

Time dragged on as always. I kept myself busy with books and music. It was the only thing to pass the time. Hermione and I were sitting next to each other as she read Tales of Beedle the Bard and I was listening to soft music from a Muggle program on the radio. Suddenly, I heard a voice.

"Hazel? Hermione? Guys." It was Harry carrying his Snitch in hand.

"You were right," he said to Hermione. "Snitches have flesh memories, but I didn't catch the first Snitch with my hand, I almost swallowed it."

He handed the Snitch to me. I looked down at the tiny golden ball and saw tiny engraved writing on it. Hermione looked over my shoulder.

"I open at the close," I read out loud.

"What do you think that means?" he asked.

"I don't know," Hermione answered. "I found something as well." She grabbed her book and flicked through a few pages, then turned to us.

"At first I thought it was an eye, but now I don't think it is. It isn't a rune, and it isn't anywhere in Spellman's Syllabary. Somebody inked it in. It isn't part of the book. Somebody drew it."

"Luna's dad was wearing that at Bill and Fleur's wedding," Harry commented.

"Why would someone draw it in a children's book?" I asked. Hermione looked puzzled.

"Look, guys, I've been thinking," Harry started."I want to go to Godric's Hollow It's where I was born. It's where my parents died."

"That's exactly where he'll expect you to go because it means something to you," Hermione said getting up.