Chapter 32

*Maheshwari Pov*

"You look tired." I opened my eyes to see Di sitting beside me.

"Finished with your call?" I asked and she nodded, staring at me with a frown.

"So, when is the big day?" I asked again when she was making a survey of me by looking at my face.

"This next Saturday, but don't change the topic. What are you doing to yourself for this past one month?" she asked and I smiled at her.

"I can ask the same." I replied, looking at her face.

"Seems like we both always get everything at a time." She mumbled sighing and I nodded.

"At least I took a leave and doing all this. And it will finish within two weeks with his cast removed." She pointed out.

"And Nakul will be discharged this next week itself, but of course is said to be sticking to the bed." I mumbled and she rolled her eyes.

"Even then you will be going to work before coming back to take care of him. Maybe you should try to stay at the house at least in the nights during work days. This is not good for your health." She suggested, but I shook my head.

"I just... I am scared, Di. I can't forget that day when we were informed about the accident and reached here. I just..." I trailed off, shaking my head.

"I know!" she mumbled holding my hand.

"You are completely normal with me again." I whispered and she closed her eyes.

"I was completely away these few years, wasn't I?" she asked and I nodded.

"Well, there is no reason for me to be like that anymore. I was busy collecting the details about Nakul and to think of different plans and also trying them along with failing at them. And now..." she trailed off, looking at the closed door.

"And now?" I asked, holding her hand back this time.

"I am making peace with everything to have my own peace and future." She replied looking at me.

"You love him!" I whispered and she nodded but sighed.

"Even though he is making it difficult for me to hang on to that love with everyday hostility but I do love him. I just wish I didn't make any plans in the beginning." Saying that she shook her head.

"You are feeling guilty." I pointed out to which she smiled.

"Not about plans for Nakul but for James. You understand me, right? I can't go running near Nakul right now saying 'My darling brother-in-law and I am your darling sister-in-law' just because you love him." Her words made me laugh imagining the scenario and she joined me.

"James is a good man." I mumbled to which she snorted.

"Of course he is but also some other descriptions add to that good. Like irritating, stupid, and some more." She said, shrugging and I laughed again.

"How much time will they discuss? It feels like they both are our friends who are lovers in turn and we are giving them space to spend some magical moments." I mumbled feeling irritated.

"Maha!" she said, shaking her head.

"I know, it is frustrating to be kept out of the loop. Dad and I shouldn't have kept you and Mom like that, but we both know you two would have never accepted this. We thought you both will support us though after it had begun." She added staring at me.

"I wouldn't have. Dad would have never liked that. He used to say if you got hurt by something just think whether that something also got hurt before doing anything." I mumbled and she just stared at me.