[16]

Jackson:

I closed the door of my house and ran my hand through my still wet hair. Practice had been very hard. There was going to be a competition soon and of course I wanted to win the first place.

On the other side, there was still that idiot Mark who seemed to think that this picture he gave me would make me softer and maybe get interested in the baby. But he was absolutely wrong.

I hadn't looked at the photo yet. Why should I? I already knew what it would show me, so there was no need to waste a look. I would throw the picture away when I was in school tomorrow.

I couldn't do it here at home because if my mother found it, she would definitely know that it was mine and she would kick my ass if I wasn't going to take care of Mark's child. And that was why I didn't want her to know.

"Jackson? Is that you?" My mom's soft voice came out of the kitchen and a moment later her small figure appeared in the hallway. She gave me a warm smile and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Hi mom. How are you?" I softly pecked her forehead and followed her into the kitchen. "I'm great. And how are you, my boy?" She looked at me while she was preparing food for me and my dad.

"I'm a bit tired from practice. But that's all. I'm going to win the competition." I said with a proud smile and my mother chuckled, placing a plate in front of me. "I know that you're going to win." She smiled.

I started to eat my rice and drifted back into my thoughts for a moment. Why did the nerd want me to care about his baby so much? As if it would change something if I helped with whatever.

This kid was the baby of two high school students who didn't have any plan of life. It had no future so why should I waste my time and try to give his baby more than just my money? It didn't deserve my attention.

And besides, it was still not known if it was really mine. Not that I believed someone would have sex with Mark. I mean, I wouldn't either if I hadn't been drunk but I knew I couldn't have been the only one.

"Jackson? Is everything alright?" My mom's voice woke me up and I looked at her. "What were you thinking about?" She asked me and sat down on the other chair. I sighed and put my chopsticks down.

Of course, I wouldn't tell her what I was thinking about. My mom wouldn't care if I thought that the baby wasn't mine. She would want to meet Mark to see what kind of boy he was.

And although I didn't like him, he was a good boy and my mother loved these kind of boys. She would believe that his baby was mine and try to force me to take responsibility and become a father.

And I would have to do what she wanted, if I didn't want to disappoint her. She was a very short person but she could be extremely convincing and also even scaring when she wanted me to do something.

"It's nothing important. Just a stupid guy from school who tries to blame me for his problems." I said, not even lying. Mark had decided he would have this thing so he had absolutely no right to ask for my help.

My mother put her hand on my cheek and smiled. "Teenagers are mean sometimes but you shouldn't worry about this guy. It will get better soon." She kissed me on my head and took the dishes from the table.

I got up and helped her with cleaning everything up. My dad would probably eat when he came back from work later in the evening so my mom and I would spend the day by ourselves.

"I'm going to take a shower and then we can go out, ok?" I looked down at my mother and gave her a loving smile before I went upstairs in my room to put my stuff away and get fresh clothes.

I threw my bag on my bed and started to unpack it. My books and the other school stuff were thrown on the floor. I barely paid attention to the things and the floor and went on to unpack my sports bag which I used for my swim practice.

I grabbed the wet stuff from swimming to put it away but my gaze went down on the floor when something else fell out of my sports bag. I kneed down and my eyes fell on the ultrasound picture in front me.

Welcome back again!

I'm glad that I'm faster with my updates now.

Next chapter will probably be out tomorrow but I think it's just a filler so don't expect too much 🙃

Thank you for reading 💙

#ThankYouWoojin