09

a few days later, jooeun was home alone when youngmin had gone out to get some groceries for their mom. jooeun asked for snacks but knowing youngmin, that wasn't going to happen.

she didn't know what to do while waiting for him to get back so she just plopped on the couch and browsed tv channels.

just then, there was a knock on the door. jooeun sat straight up in shock. she wasn't expecting youngmin home so fast. she peeked out the window and nearly had a heart attack when she saw donghyun standing there.

she rushed to the door and opened it.

"hey, youngmin isn't here. he's out, if you're looking for him." her voice trailed off.

"i'm not here for him. i'm here to see the mother of my kids." the corner of donghyun's mouth tugged upwards in a slight smirk.

"psh- why are you really here though?" jooeun said, laughing at what he had just said.

"that's exactly what im here for. besides, the kids missed their mother." donghyun grinned and turned around, showing her the backpack that he had been carrying. jooeun instantly recognised it as a pet bag, where the pet could peek out of a transparent plastic window on the bag.

"dongeun and jooeunnie!" she said excitedly but also cringing as she called jooeunnie.

"yes, where's mini me?" donghyun said.

"i can go get him.." jooeun began but suddenly became aware of the efact that they were both still standing in the doorway.

"um, come on in." she smiled and gestured into the living room.

donghyun came in and opened his bag, gently taking the two kittens out of the bag and putting them on the sofa seat next to him.  meanwhile, jooeun hurried upstairs to get donghyunnie who was sleeping, as usual.

"here he is... father of my kids." jooeun handed donghyunnie to him and sat down beside him on the sofa.

"woah- you said that. i wasn't expecting that." donghyun said, staring at her with his mouth wide open.

"i'm only speaking the truth." she said, using his reason from the previous day.

"i like this truth." donghyun smiled at her. "i really do."

/// 

thanks to my bro / loml  @brybam for the ideas for this chapter!