Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

      It was an unassuming spring day out, which reflected on the mood of the students. On the outside, the atmosphere created an illusion of perfection. The sky was a radiant shade of blue, and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. Heat was everywhere, thanks to the sun, though was bearable because of the warm breeze drifting through the air. Birds were chirping, and not in the oh-so annoying way they had the occasional tendency to. Their notes were pretty, quiet, and suited the day impeccably.

      The building of the high school was, like the day, toned down and in no rush. There was neither heat blasting from the loud radiators nor air conditioning to cool the rooms due to the weather outside. A few windows in classes were open, allowing small gusts of wind to swoop in, rustling girls’ hair and easing the temperature of some of the boiling students. Doors that were normally closed were open, and a sense of serenity washed over the entire school. Metal lockers that were ordinarily slammed shut were eased close, lessening the sound in the hallways. Everything was perfect.

      I had awoken to a “Good Morning!” text from Chase, which truly set the mood for the day. Being me, I replied with, “I WAS SLEEPING!” I then quickly added, “See ya soon :),” just so he knew I was good humored about the whole situation. From the second my ears met that distasteful buzzing sound of my phone from receiving a text, I knew it was going to be an extraordinary day.

      Even my outfit fit the scenery of the day. Oppose to my usual laid back darker colored tones, I had chosen to wear brighter, happier colors. Orange was the color of my top. It’s such an under appreciated color, well, at least in my mind it is. The tank top I had on was loose fitting, and had somehow found it’s way into my possession. I didn’t even remember buying it. On my bottom half were a pair of white shorts that stopped at my mid-thigh. They were cute; appropriate for the weather, and, at least in my mind, fashionable. On my feet were orange Vans that I rarely had the right ensemble to pair with. I looked cute.

      From my outfit, to the incredible sense of tranquility in air, I knew the day was going to go well. I was on my way to second period History, in which we were planned to watch a movie. A MOVIE! Nothing could ruin th-

      “Jules!” someone said. They didn’t wait for a reply and roughly grabbed my arm, taking me, and my preexisting notions that today would be “perfect” along with them.

      My gut reaction was to pull apart, but they weren’t having it, and tightened their fingers around my arm. They led me past the jumble of calm madness, which happened to be a rather oxymoronic concept, and kept walking. I allowed myself to be pulled all the way to the auditorium, not having the desire to start a scene on a day like today.

      They quickly pushed open one of the doors, and we entered the dark room. There was no one inside, and it was pitch-black. I was taken over to what seemed to be a middle row of seats, though because of the blackness I wasn’t quite so sure. I sat myself down in a seat, next to them, waiting patiently for them to speak.

      “I’m sorry,” they said after what felt like an eternity of silence, though it was probably more likea few seconds.

      “You should be,” I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

      “No one’s talking to me! I already apologized to them, but Owen still won’t answer my texts, Trent has totally ditched me, Kim blocked me on every single fucking social media site there is, Izzy has been avoiding talking to me in the politest way possible, and even Mia is fucking ignoring me!” they ranted.

      “What do you want me to do, Logan?” I questioned, “I’m still pissed at you and you sure as hell don’t get my sympathy. You brought this on yourself.”