SIX

How do I answer his question? Maybe it is time I put my trust in my friend and tell him what I have been going through. I just do not know what he will say. Does he even know that Garreth is gay? How about the other guys? I do not want to reveal his sexuality without his permission. I could never do that to him.

I chicken out and say instead, "There are just some things I have been trying to sort out in my head. Some decisions I need to make." Ioan gives me this, you are so full of bullshit look, but he lets it go for now. I am getting to know my friend well and eventually, this will come back up later on.

"Well, since I had to come and stalk you now I can do what I have been trying to do all week long." Giving him an inquisitive look I ask, "What is that?" With a sheepish smile on his face he says, "Well, my lovely friend, I am inviting you to join us on our trip for spring break."

"Ioan...", before I can argue and protest, he cuts me off and says, "No, YOU are coming. My dad talked to your dad today and he gave permission for you to come agreeing that you need a break. You work so hard. I can understand why. You want to make something of yourself in order to provide so much better for them."

He rolls the chair he is sitting on over to me and grabs both of my hands in his and says, "I think you are amazing but it cannot be all work and no play. After all, there could be something out there you could miss out on simply because all you do is study."

I look down at our hands and say, "I, my family, we do not have the money for me to go on a trip." "Well then I guess it is a good thing that my boyfriend's family owns their own private island. I look up at him with an incredulous look on my face and he says while shrugging his shoulders, "We all know the extent of Conner's wealth. I have gotten over it because he is the only treasure I need in my life."

I am slightly jealous of the loving and adoring look that takes over his face whenever he speaks of Conner. Then I begin to let doubt enter my mind as I think to myself, I do not really have the appropriate attire to go on some fantasy island but before I can really heed the voices in my head, as if he can read my mind, Ioan says, "Now, come. We have some shopping to do." He says in a sing song voice.

"Ioan, I do not have money to spend on anything." "Oh, I am getting everything and if you have a problem with that, you can take it up with Conner but I know for a fact that will not go over to well." "Oh you sly dog you!" I say while laughing. "What you really thought I had no clue what he does behind my back? Come on Albert. You and I are the smart ones, remember?"

Laughing my ass of at him, I allow him to pull me off the bed and yell to my mother that I will return as we head out the house and to the limo that has been waiting outside the entire time. I give him an evil look and say, "You had this planned the entire time, didn't you?"

Like a southern belle he says quite dramatically as he puts his right hand over his heart, "What me? Why, I would never!" Yeah right...

**********

Shopping! What an awful experience. That is all I have to say on that subject. It is later on in the evening and I am having a simple meal with my parents when I decide to ask my father why he thought it was a good idea to let me join the guys on this trip.

"Albert, you are my greatest achievement. You make me proud every single day with your drive and focus to achieve the level of success you have so far. But letting in other people, especially Ioan and his friends, has shown me that you also have this compassionate side and you deserve a bit of a break. It is always important to let go just a little and simply have fun. So go and enjoy yourself and bring us back some souvenirs." He says while laughing.

Then my mom asks, "Is there anything you will need for the trip?" With a snort I respond, "Not after Ioan kidnapped me and took me to the mall. I will never need anything ever again. He lost his mind mom." She started giggling and it warmed my soul to hear the happiness in my mom's voice as she says, "Well then, please extend an invitation to all of your friends for dinner sometime this week before you leave for the trip."

Knowing that she is up to no good, I give her the stink eye and say, "Why? What are you up to mom?" I swear her and Ioan must have been in the same acting class as she says quite affronted, "Me, all I want to do is get to the boys who will be taking my baby away for a week. That is not a lot to ask, is it?"

My father is shaking his head at my mother's antics but I say, "I will talk it over with them but that is no guarantee that they will be able to come okay!" "Of course darling." Then looking over at my father she says, "Dear, I will need to go to the market tomorrow." "Okay. I will come home for lunch and we can go then."

I give them both this incredulous look and say, "I have not asked them yet? Please do not waste money we do not have on extra food just yet." With a beautiful smile on her face she says, "Oh sweetheart, every last one of them will be here. You are still quite a mystery to many people and I am sure they are very curious to get to know you and us a bit better. Trust me, they will be here!"

I look at my father as he says, "Well actually, they will be here in two days since I extended an invitation for dinner when I spoke to Ioan's father. The boys will all be there then so we need to prepare a bit." Now I am shocked to the core. "Are you joking with me right now dad?"

"No, did you really think I was going to let you leave this country without meeting the people you will be spending that time with? Come on Albert, you are my only child and I know I can trust you but I do not know them so this dinner will help ease my thoughts and concerns." "Okay dad, okay!"

As we finish up dinner and I go to begin cleaning up, it dawns on me like a light bulb suddenly turning on above my head, that sneaky, conniving, and wonderful friend of mine already knew about this future dinner. Why he would not say anything directly to me is beyond my understanding.

I let it go and begin my chores when the thought suddenly hits me and a bit of panic ensues. Holy fuck, Garreth will be inside of my home in two days time...