WHAT?!? pt.3

Katia's P.O.V

We sat there in silence for a moment as the words sank into the air, leaving a heavy feeling in the room. He looked at me for so long with such fearful eyes it made me want to cry. He was scared, scared of something but i didn't know what.

He opened his mouth to tell me the answer that i'd been dying to hear for so long and then, the door opened and in stepped both boys with food in their hands. My frustration built up and they seemed not to notice that or the heavy feeling in the air.

My emotions got the best of me and the Zangara seemed to know what i was going to do but he tried to stop me too late. I lunged at the door and opened it before quickly slamming it again. I dashed down the corridor and out the door that lead to the stairway. I skipped three stairs each step before finally getting to the main floor and dashing out the door.

I ran out into the forest the covers it. It was unfamiliar since we were in Alexander's pack but it felt like forest either way. I ran through leaves under branches and skipped over rocks. I watched as the trees seemed to clear until i was led to a big clearing with grass leading to a small lake.

Alexander's P.O.V

When we came through the door I felt a rush of wind and then saw that Katia was gone and realized she'd ran. I looked at the Zangara to see him with an expressionless face and i was close to killing for a moment when I realize that Katia was out there alone and the Zangara could capture her to get to me.

I was about to dash out when I hear the Zangara, There aren't more of us that are coming . Just me." In a blank voice, he looked frustrated, but about what?

Alec convinced me to leave the Zangara alone and not to search fro Katia because it seemed like she needed some time alone. I could feel that she was frustrated but our mate bond wasn't strong enough to show why or  tell me anything except that  she was alright.

Since Katia had gotten out of the hospital i've felt more protective of her and a little jealous... of every male that she comes across, which aren't many but still.

Katia's P.O.V

I sat at the clearings edge as memories from the night when the moon goddess saved me come back to my head. I remember being told that I was going to meet my mate and then getting rejected. My heart hurt like a bitch for a second before I remembered how Alexander seemed to be... trying to mend things between us.

As I thought about the moon goddess I realized I hadn't hear from her since the day I cam here. It had been so long and I just realized how much I missed her. When I was with her nothing like this ever happened but she told me I had something important to do here and that I couldn't stay up in the Oasis forever with only her.

I wondered how she was doing and felt terrible for not thinking about her sooner and realizing how I hadn't seen her in so long.

*^*

I watched the sun go down and still didn't want to go home since I felt like being her a little longer.

I sat there and sighed, watching as the water below rippled when I threw a pebble in it. Suddenly there was a gust of air and I felt someone sitting next to me. I looked over to my right side a little frightened but calmed down immediately when I saw it was the goddess. She smiled her warm smile.

I was so happy I hugged her, "Katia," she spoke, her honey like voice ringing in my ears from not hearing It in so long. "I know at the moment you feel frustrated with everyone and everything." She started as I laid my head on her shoulder. "And I know how you feel. Things like this happen to everyone," I looked at her with shock as she laughed gently, "yes even me."

She took my small face in her big hands as she caressed my cheek. "But Katia I will ask you not to give up." She said, looking into my eyes, hers dark and warm. "I may not be able to force you to do anything at all and I won't try to but I need you to know," She let my face go and grabbed my hands instead, "that you are here for a reason like I told you before, and these things happen."

She laughed lightly, "And don't get to frustrated that you don't get any alone time with your mate," I laughed a little too, knowing she'd been reading my mind. She turned serious again but kept the soft tint in her eyes, "You shouldn't give up and try to understand things more than you usually would, and please don't give up."

I nodded, taking in what she'd said as we just sat there in silence.

*^*

A little while after we'd had our little 'talk' the moon goddess told that I should probably be getting home since the sun had already started to go down. I obliged and she'd walked me to the pack house before departing on the porch.

That had been about a little over an hour ago and now I lay in my bed with the words running through my head and thinking way too hard. I slowly get up and walk downstairs, putting a sweater on since I was only in sweatpants and a pink tank top.

I grabbed the extra key that Alexander had given me to the cell of the Zangara and headed there.

*^*

I arrived in 20 minutes and then added 10 more when I went through security, well,more like pushed through security...But what's the difference?

anyway, I made my way to the door and unlocked it slowly, stepping inside I saw that the Zangara was still awake although it was already 10:56 PM. He looked up when I came in seemingly surprised at seeing me. He checked behind me and saw neither Alexander nor Alec and began to look even more confused but I just shook my head no.

I took a seat at the same chair as earlier and looked at him. My hands were shaking and he looked as though he was breaking into a cold sweat and ready to answer the question i'd been awaiting the answer to since this morning.

I looked back at him, staring into his eyes and whispered, "Why do you have to bring me to your home?" He looked at me and then the floor then back at me. Finally he whispered something that made my heart stop,

"Because,"

"You are my sister."