thirteen

warning: violence, tiny mentions of suicide

during his entire trip to school, taehyung felt like he was being followed

during his entire trip to school, taehyung felt like he was being followed. but every time he turned around, he would simply see the numerous groups of students behind him going the same way. telling himself to stop being paranoid, taehyung shook the weird feeling off and entered the education building. 

he steps foot into the classroom and frowns when he sees jackson throwing his arm around jungkook and laughing obnoxiously loud about something. shrugging and realizing that whoever jungkook wishes to befriend isn't his business, taehyung walks to his seat and sits down in silence, turning his head towards the window and entering a state of deep thought once again.

despite being in the safety of the school premises, he still felt extremely paranoid, as if he was being observed. 

feeling a light tap on his shoulder, he turns back and is greeted by a smiling jungkook. "hey," the other says brightly, retracting his hand. "good morning, tae."

"good morning," taehyung tries his best to respond with the same enthusiastic tone, trying to at least pull a half-hearted grin on his own face. 

either jungkook didn't notice his current tense mood or he decided to not question him because he soon quickly diverts his attention to the teacher who had began to check the attendance. 

taehyung didn't even notice the teacher come into the classroom.

nevertheless, throughout chemistry period, taehyung finds out where his paranoia might be potentially originating from. as he glances around the classroom out of boredom whilst the subject's teacher explains how oxidation-reduction reactions work, taehyung sees someone looking in his direction in the corner of his eye.

it was jackson wang.

but it wasn't just some ordinary glance — no, it was a full-on glare so deadly that it could be on par with a legitimate death threat.

gulping nervously, he forced himself to look away from jackson's gaze and attempted to focus on the lesson instead. 

chemistry ended at last and they were in their five minutes break between classes when taehyung uses his chance to get jungkook's attention by calling out his name softly. "what is it?" the ravenette asks in the middle of packing away his science textbook, tilting his head to the side in curiosity since taehyung doesn't usually talk to anyone during breaks and preferred to continue working on schoolwork.

"does jackson," taehyung trails off for a brief second. "hate me?"

jungkook stays quiet for a while before breaking off into a small laughter and taehyung wonders if his question was even supposed to be funny. "no, silly. why would jackson-hyung hate you?" he replies.

the older male glowers. "oh i don't know, he's been glaring daggers at me for the past hour and i just thought that maybe it meant something, y'know?" he retorted, sarcasm dripping from his tongue.