Chapter 29

[HEY IF DEATH EJACULATES IS IT CALLED THE 'SWEET RELEASE OF DEATH'???

THANK YOU THIS IS THE QUALITY CONTENT Y'ALL SIGNED UP FOR I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK.]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 29

Reese's POV

Angel rushed at me too fast for me to comprehend how to counter her move, but luckily my body did all the comprehending for me. A split second before her fist made contact with my face, I ducked out of the way toward the right. I stumbled for a moment, dazed at what just happened. "J-Jesus," I started, "you're fast--."

I was interrupted by another speedy advance, and I caught wind of it this time. Instead of ducking out of the way, I shoved her arm aside with the bo staff, giving her a good smack in the process. Her face contorted into one of pain for a second, and I was about to apologize, when she kicked at my hip when my right side was open for attack. My legs buckled and I fell down onto one knee.

To my dread, Angel shoved her leg out for a front kick and I dodged it just in time. Quickly, I took this opportunity and hooked my bo staff behind her leg as she brought it back down. Just as she was going to stand, I switched hands and levered the staff behind her other foot, throwing her off balance. Now that she was on the floor, I raised my staff up and brought it down swiftly. Unfortunately, it didn't hit her since she rolled out of the way in time. Angel took a moment to get to her feet and so did I. There we were, standing, eyeballing each other to predict what we'd do next.

Rather than waiting for her to attack first, I took the offensive move and parried my bo staff toward her body. Angel kept backing away, just barely dodging my jabs with milliseconds to spare. She had enough of my rapid attacks and tried grabbing for the staff in mid air. Before she could latch onto anything, I spun my staff, then struck towards her lower back. Angel cried out in pain and surprise, and I almost felt bad for her.

"Told you it would hur--."

She suddenly charged forward and I barely had time to block her attack. Sadly, holding the staff horizontally against her didn't prevent her from slipping an undercut underneath. Her fist rammed into my jaw and I felt my teeth grit together tighter than ever. My head rattled and I was dazed for a second. My heart was pounding, and I wasn't sure what my body was doing. Before I knew it, I had landed another hit to Angel's shoulder, then against her hip, and her grunts echoed throughout the room.

Just as I was about to jab the staff into her, Angel countered it and batted it aside with one hand. When she came lunging at me again, I tossed the staff up into the air and quickly foiled her attack by landing a kick to her shoulder. While she stumbled back, I caught the staff and swung it into her side. She staggered to the left, and I flipped my weapon and hit her towards the right. Now that she had her front open, I lunged forward and landed a kick to her stomach, finishing my sequence of attacks.

Angel fell backwards, but swiftly leaped up to her feet and kicked up toward my side. I blocked her move using the staff, then blocked an incoming jab after that, then another and another. Rapidly, she shot kicks and punches at me and I barely kept up with her speed and grace. We traveled across the mat, sometimes stepping off it and stepping back on. It was a dangerous dance between us, and it was almost overwhelming. Only Artem has ever been able to fight me at this level, and he never intends to actually harm me. Angel, though... Whenever I can catch a glimpse of her face, I see the determination in her eye. It's like she's not even fighting me for the practice. The fire in her eye is nearly barbaric, and it was a different sight, and, surprisingly, I enjoyed it way too much.