Drunken Truth

“Cannon ball!”

Cana shouted as she jumped into the swimming pool.

After they arrived, they spent the evening under the stars swimming and drinking at the cabin’s poolside.

“Oh wow, she’s wild,” Loki chuckled as he watched her dive right in.

“Me, too!” Levy jumped in as well, creating a small splash on the water.

“And that one’s…tiny,” Gajeel commented.

The boys were drinking beer at the tableside of the pool, watching the others. They were all topless and only wearing shorts, exposing their hard six pack treasures. Except Sting, he was in the water with the girls too.

“You know, Lucy’s going to melt if you keep on staring at her like that,” Jellal said as he drank his can of alcohol, smirking at Natsu.

He had been looking at her on the other side of the pool, dipping her feet on the water as she happily watched her friends bathe.

“Like you’re not staring at Erza huh?” Natsu said simply, not looking away.

“Touchdown, bam!” Gray laughed at his comeback.

“Zip it, Gray.”

“Pass me another can, will you?” Loki turned to the blue-haired who was sitting next to the icebox.

“Oh crap,” Jellal said as he opened the box, “We’re out of beer man.”

“So soon?” Gray peeked in on the box as well.

“The store’s not that far from here. Who’s volunteering?” Gajeel started, “Definitely not me, cause I’m still soaked with pool water.”

Natsu sighed and stood up, he was the only one already dried up.

“I’ll get it,” he said as he put on a white sleeveless V-neck top, “But I’ll need someone to hold the case.”

Gray scanned the pool for someone who could go, then a smirk appeared on his face when he saw Lucy.

“Lucy!” Gray shouted, getting her attention.

She stood up from where she was and made her way to the guys.

“Good one,” Loki whispered, to which Jellal hummed in agreement.

“Playing matchmaker now?” Natsu said as he gave Gray a look. The other just winked at him.

“Yeah?” she asked as soon as she got to them.

“Go with Natsu and buy beer.”

It took a while before she could process what he said. It was so straightforward.

She glanced at Natsu who was looking somewhere else.

“Why does it have to be me?”

Somehow, she felt like they’ve set her up again.

“Because you’re the only one who’s not in the water, and we’re all damp,” Jellal explained like a science teacher, “That’s why you get to go.”

Lucy looked at each of them. True enough, they were all soaked.

“Fine.” She sighed.

“Let’s get going then,” Natsu started to walk away, she followed him behind.

“Hey!” Jellal called out to him and threw him his car keys, “Take my mustang.”

Natsu nodded at him before walking away again.