Chapter III

Luretica

"LURETICA" I hear someone scream my name while shaking me. I open my eyes and meet with a bright light causing me to close them immediately. I rub my eyes a couple of times before opening them again. When I succeeded in my mission, I looked around to find my surroundings not familiar.

However, I did notice something familiar or someone.

An angry glared at my dear sister, Maya. I swear I could see smoke coming out of her ears and nose. I smiled innocently at her not knowing what I have done. But, if looks could kill, I would be dead. "Finally, I have been trying to wake you up for a half-hour" she half yelled, half-whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I ask curiously, not bothering to whisper to her. Her eyes widened at my loud voice hush me quickly and dragged me towards her. "Because of you, we are late to the mating game. We arrived half an hour ago and should be inside by now. But, you did not want to wake up!" She said, angrily while dragging me out of the car. My legs almost collapse after sleeping in the same position for the last hours.

As glanced around at my surroundings, I was left shocked. A beautiful forest is surrounding us with huge grey and white mountains in the background. The blue sky is clear with a sharp sun along with it.

A village was in front of me, with stone roads, and brown and beige houses. Looked like a western movie but more modern? The village is surrounded by tall black fences with huge gates at the front.

Maya stormed away from me and headed toward the gates. I sigh, maybe if I am late, I could not enter the game? As if the driver heard my thought. "Miss, here are you lugged," he said and drove away. Lucky guy, I thought and walked towards the gates.

There are guards everywhere. They were all wearing the same clothes and looked forward, not meeting my eyes. I walk through, trying to ignore the guards. Once I got inside, there were multiple receptionists behind a long line of desks.

They were giving out hotel keys and maps over the village. After standing in the line for almost an hour, I got my key. My room is in the black night hotel, number 217.

I used the maps given by a receptionist to locate my hotel. This place was bigger than I thought. After walking around while dragging my suitcase after me, I finally found my hotel.

My hotel is painted black with white frames around the windows. Black doors and huge balconies. As I walked into the hotel, I spotted a lady behind the reception desk. She told me that I had a roommate and she is already inside the room. I was nervous. What if I had a crazy roommate? After dragging my suitcase up the stairs and down the hallway. I found my room, 217.

I turned the door handle, breath out and open the door. The room was gorgeous. Big living room connected to a modern kitchen with a beautiful view. The view contained a big forest on the left and the village on the right. The clouds had appeared and were painted in purple and pink.

Two doors are in the living room, one to the left and one to the right. The door on the left had a name tag on Jacklin. Assuming it was my roommate's door and went to the right. I open the door and stopped by beauty.

A queen-size bed stood in the middle of the room with a small balcony outside. I could not hold back the smile on my face and dropped everything I have in my hands. I run towards the bed and jumped. I giggled non-stop at the softness.

My eyes opened to the sound of my bedroom door opening. Girl with red hair, green eyes and a big smile on her face, Jacklin I thought. "Hi, I am sorry to interrupt. My name is Jacklin, I am your roommate. ." She explains while moving her hands around. I just smiled at her, listening to her mumbling. Think we are going to be good friends. "It's okay! My name is Luretica" I said laughing at her silliness.

A few hours later.

We decided to watch a movie with snacks and get to know each other. She wants to find her mate, but not like this and I agree. I would rather find my mate romantically than be the chase in the woods.

"Sooo..." Jacklin mumbles, "do you want to meet my friends? We are going to dinner tonight, you should come!" The excitement in her voice made me happy. However, I am very bad at being social. "uhm, yeah sure" I said nervously.

We got quickly dressed. I was wearing a red cocktail dress with black heels, hair down in waves and some red lipstick. Satisfied, I walked out and into the living room to meet Jacklin. She looked beautiful in a black dress, white heels, and her hair in a ponytail. Her eyes widened when she saw me.

"You look hot, damn. If I was not straight as a line, I would tap you!" she ended her sentence with a wink and grin on her face. "Me? What about you? You look stunning!" I said hugging her while thanking her. "Come on, let's go" I follow her out the door and lock it behind me. We walked out of the hotel and toward the streets.

Loud music filled my ears as we walked through the main door to the club. Sweat and perfume hung inside the club. There were colourful lights everywhere and people dancing to music. You could almost feel and see the hormone in the air from everybody.

Jacklin grabbed my arm tight while diving into the ocean of people. After finally finding a table, we ordered drinks and waited for her friends. "Are you excited?" Jacklin asked as she sipped her cocktail vodka with strawberries while I ordered a coke.

"Yeah, to do think they will like me?" my hands were shaking with nervousness. I was not very good with people. I looked around in the club, people were moving their bodies around and grinding at each other.

"Of course, they will like you. Do not worry."

She looked at me with confidence. Suddenly, she got a look on her face like she forgot something. "All though, Britney can be a little bit aggressive, but she does not mean it in a bad way" I sight and tried to calm down.

Suddenly Jacklin screams and jumps up and down waving her hands like a wild animal. I laughed at the sight of her and shake my head. Three girls were coming our way. They hugged Jacklin tight. "Oh, I am sorry! This is my new friend and roommate, Luretica" She said. I only smiled waved my hand and said "hi" shyly. Not knowing what I should say or do.

The blond hair girl walked toward me and hugged me. "Hi, my name is Jasmine. Nice to meet you" She smiled at me. She is wearing beautiful black stress that reached her knee and silver high heels.

The next girl is wearing a pink cocktail dress that ended below her knee and black high heels. She hugged me as well, maybe even tighter.

She only smiled, mumbling her name "Lily" and walked back to the girls.

However, the last girl did not smile, hug or looked at me. She only nodded at Jacklin before walking to the bar. Did I do something? The other girls gave me a small smile before apologizing.

"That is Britney. She is not a fan of new friends. But, she is nice when you get to know her." Jacklin explain. I only nodded, I did not want to poke around any further. After finishing our drinks, we went to the dance floor. We danced all night to the music, laughing and grinning at each other.

"Luretica how do you feel about the mating game?" Jasmine asks me curiously and everyone went quiet. "Well, I do not like the idea of being hunted like animals. I would rather find love as the human does." I said. I could see the reaction on the girl's faces, Jasmine and Britney nodded understanding, Lily's eyes widening with surprise.

Before Jasmine could say anything, the whole club went silent. The smell of fear hit the air, but from what? I took Jacklin's hands into mine. I was about to ask Jacklin if she knew what was going on when the main door busted open and multiple men in black suits walked in.

Once the club is surrounded, another man walked in. Power streamed from this man, he could be alpha or beta. He looked around before meeting my eyes. His eyes were bright green and he was very handsome. Tall, muscular, and dark hair. He looked like a model. He walked towards our table still looking into my eyes.