Chapter 23: Sona's Weapon (2)

Chapter Quota of the Month: 1/5

Enjoy Reading!

**

"Young Mistress! This! Only dark cultivators posses the Talisman of 'Soul Bind Contract' !!"

Rui Wei, turned a deaf ear to Sona's question...

'Dark Cultivators Path?!' Rui Wei almost choked, she modified this skill from the normal binding skill that martial artists use. And simply wrote it on the talisman!

"This is not in fact a Dark Cultivators Talisman... It is simply made out of blood, but it does not use any gruesome technique just to cultivate/create this. While making this, I have used a drop of blood and the Samsara Binding Technique as a guide. This talisman's method is different from the normal 'Soul Binding Contract'---" Rui Wei explained to Sona whilst binding the scythe artifact.

"AaaaaaaaAaaaah!!" Rui Wei's perfect explanation were interrupted by the shrill scream of the scythe artifact.

Rui Wei had sweats forming on her forehead, the scythe artifact's cultivation rank is higher than her. So she could only bind the artifact's soul with the help of several more talismans hovering beside her.

Several Paper Talisman's were circling on Rui Wei's Figure, as she continued to pour her Qi on the 'Soul Binding' talisman. The Paper Talisman's are bursting out with rich Water Qi that is being absorbed by Rui Wei.

Sona's eyes stared fixedly at Rui Wei's Figure. Her eyes flashing with mixed emotions.

Although Rui Wei have tactfully explained that 'Soul Binding' skill that she is using, is one that have been modified. Sona still have doubts in her heart, but she firmly believes that Rui Wei is not someone who could cultivate such an atrocious and inhuman skill...

"AaaaaaAaaaaahhh!!!" The Scythe Artifact's scream resounded through the whole room, sending shivers on Sona's back.

While Ruzi is comfortably sleeping under Rui Wei's soundproof spell.

"....." Sona averted her gaze towards the situation as she faced the wall, muttering a buddha scripture under her breath.

The scream of the Scythe Artifact simply made her remember the times when they were late in subjugating bandits, they arrived at the burning village, almost half of the villagers lay dead on the ground, cries, pleas and curses were mixed.

This was also one of the reason as to why Sona's cultivation was stuck, her heart is way too soft and easily swayed. With a slight act, her heart would soften. 

---

Surprisingly, the scythe artifact's soul did not last for long, as after an stick of incense, the scream have stopped, and the talisman on Sona's hand shone, the symbol of a scythe appearing.

Rui Wei who was drenched in sweat, sat in the hard floor.

Rui Wei waved her hand, her sweats dissolved into mist, she stood up looking fresh.

"One must harden one's resolve when walking the path of cultivation." Rui Wei said.

Sona's shoulders twitched as she clearly knew what Rui Wei meant.

"With your current resolve, I'm afraid that you will

once again be stuck on your cultivation path."

"...Yes." Sona replied.

---

They both walked out of the treasury, while Sona is mindlessly walking behind Rui Wei. lost in her own thoughts.