Chapter 14

I woke up to the sound of voices. 

"So you brought her here?" a female voice said in a hushed tone.

"Yes, is that a problem?" I heard Reece reply a bit annoyed.

"Well, no, but what will her parents think?"

"They don't know what happened yet. They think she's at her friend's house," he paused. "Which isn't exactly a lie..."

"Reece!"

"What?"

"They don't know what happened? It's their daughter!"

"Keep your voice down!" Reece hushed.

"Well?" the female voice said again.

"I couldn't just take her home. Her brother went out, and who knows where her parents were at the time."

The woman sighed. "She must be really important to you, if you brought her here. You could've left her with her friends you know."

"I know," I heard Reece grumble, as if embarrassed. 

"Well, I'm excited to meet her," the woman, who I am assuming was his mom, said excitedly.

"Mom, do not be freaky alright? She's had a rough night," he reminded her.

Hearing Reece talk the way he did, especially to his mother, made me almost forget that the 'she' they were referring to was me.

"I'm not freaky!" she said as she gasped. "I'm just outgoing. Now why don't you go check on her while I start breakfast," she said. 

My eyes widened. I turned back over and closed my eyes. I focused on making my breathing sound even. I didn't want it to look like I was eavesdropping on them, even if the conversation was about me. When I heard the door opened I tensed and decided there was no way I would be able to keep up with this sleeping act while he was in here.

So I sat up slowly and stretched as if I just woke up. 

"Hey," he greeted me softly as he sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Hey," I replied a bit groggily.

"How are you feeling?" he asked almost tentatively.

I shrugged. "Fine," I told him. In all honesty I was feeling a bit embarrassed about what happened. I mean everyone knows that you're not supposed to let your drink out of sight. And being the idiot I was I turned my back on it completely. He must have slipped me whatever it was when he was leaning on the counter. 

I always hated the damsels in distress in movies or books because they are just a big burden who can't look after themselves. And it was just more degrading knowing that I had turned into one.

"Now I don't know what you are thinking or feeling, but don't you dare think that this was your fault," Reece spoke up. "Ok?" he said as he gently tugged on a strand of my hair.

"Ok," I said.

He smirked. "The bed head suits you little Lilah."

I bit my tongue to prevent the heat from rising to my cheeks. "S-shut up!" I said as I looked away. He chuckled quietly to himself and I took the time to finally look around his room. 

The walls were red with a poster here and there, nothing much. There was a large punching bag in the corner next to a closet that was a complete mess. Up against the wall closest to me was a small desk with a laptop on top of it. Next to the door there was a laundry basket filled with clothes with a  dresser beside it. The room wasn't too messy, but it wasn't neat either. A typical boy's room.