Chapter 15 ~ Dreamland

Dream's POV

'Ink, Blueberry and the other AU's already went to sleep, so why not help someone with their nightmare?' I thought as I wandered around someone's 'nightmare', oddly enough was everything looking pretty peaceful, it looked like a beautiful landscape with mountains, a pond and the green grass with many beautiful flowers growing all over them. There was also an ocean in the distance. Anyone would probably like to live in. That was definetely a strange 'nightmare', it seemed more of a dream, why could I feel so much negative energy coming from the dream then? I walked around for a bit until I saw an outstanding tree, under it in the shadows sat a child with (h/c) hair and a (f/c) dress. I was about to approach her, but then I heard a very familiar voice screaming.

"AH! THE SUNSHINE! JESUS, MY FUCKING EYE SOCKET! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WORLD?!"

Looking at the source of the voice, I spotted my brother Nightmare. Maybe he was the reason why here was so much negative energy? Wait no, usually is he the one being attracted towards negative emotions so he could 'help' those people, but a dream with an area this beautiful didn't seem much of a negative thought at all, so where did it come from?

The little girl looked up at my brother with curious, big (e/c) eyes while I quickly hid behind another tree to see what he was planning to do. He approached her with a confused look, almost as confused as I was. She didn't seem afraid, no, instead was she giving him a cheerful smile and a small wave.

"Hi Nighty! What are you doing here?" She greeted, I just stood there mouth-agaped by her enthusiasm. Nightmare frowned at the child. I couldn't see his whole face from my angle, but I knew he clearly didn't like it here with the peaceful and calm atmosphere. But what confused me the most was how she new his name, better yet, why she called him 'Nighty'.

Nightmare hesitated before answering, playing along. "I... was just wandering around, you know? Enjoying the environment and all." That was a big fat lie, even the kid could tell he lied. "Why were you screaming then?" She slightly tilted her head to the side, making her look even more adorable than before. Nightmare's movements looked like he was trinking about an excuse or something. Eventually he got one. "I was blinded by the sun, it wasn't really the best idea to look up into the sky the first second I walked out of the forest over there." He said as he pointed towards the trees I was hiding behind.

'Oh snap!' I mentally screamed as I swiftly hid in the shadows of the forest, which was pretty hard actually since I wore bright colors, like really bright. Unfortunately, I couldn't see them, but I peeked around the tree again when I heard the girl giggling. It brought Nightmare's attention back to her.

"You're funny! Come, you can sit by me if you wanna avoid the light so badly." She said as she petted the spot next to her. Nightmare sighed like he had no other choice and sat down, but he still kept his space between him and the human girl. It was all quiet and peaceful again until Nightmare broke the silence. "So, you're basically (Y/N)'s childhood, or what exactly do you represent?" The girl giggled again.

'Wait, this is (Y/N)? Is this her dream? Then why is Nightmare here?'