28. Youre with me

During the walk home we both remain quiet, it's awkward and neither one of us want to be the first one to talk about it.

When we get to the condo he unlocks the door and places his hand on the small of my back as he walks me to my bedroom.

"Uhm. Thank you." I say not knowing what else to say and he shakes his head and looks at me in confusion.

"Don't fucking thank me for that. That's not something you thank people for. That kind of shit shouldn't happen in the first place. I want to beat Drew's ass for leaving you." He states and I just look down at my hands.

"I felt so weak and helpless." I finally state with anger evident in my voice. He grabs my chin and tilts my head up to look at him.

"And no one should ever make you feel that way. You are not weak Baylor and you are not helpless. You just didn't know how to protect yourself in that kind of situation."He states and I nod my head.

"Get some sleep." He tells me as he rubs his thumb across my chin gently as his eyes flicker to my lips before he opens my bedroom door.

I take a step inside but I still feel pretty shaken up so I turn around and look at Asher who is standing at my door waiting for me.

"Uhm would you- uh could you stay in here? I mean If you want. Since Drew is in your room. It might not be a good idea for you guys to share a room. Or at least until I fall asleep?" I ask him as I stare up at his guarded blue eyes.

"Yea, sure." He says and walks in with me.

-

I wake up to a pounding on my door and Cameron yelling, "Lets go people! We have reservations for this damn thing at 9am! Up and at it!"

Grudgingly I sit up in bed and am instantly shocked when I see Asher asleep in the bed beside me and Ty. Suddenly memories from last night drown in my mind.

Ty wakes up beside me and rubs his eyes. He yawns and stretches his arms and then makes eye contact with me and his smirk grows from ear to ear. He points over at Asher and raises an eyebrow.

"No it's not like that. I'll tell you what happened later." I whisper to him and then I hear Cam yell again.

"Where's Asher?" My eyes widen and Asher shoots straight up in bed and looks around the room confused. His eyes land on me and widen slightly then he jumps out of bed and sneaks out of my room.

Wow never thought I'd say that.

-

After about twenty minutes everyone is dressed and ready. We all walk outside to the truck and I can feel Drew staring at me but I just ignore him.

Cam, Leah, and Ryder hop in the front seat of the truck, Jake hops in the back seat, and Drew hops in the middle. I stare at the empty seat beside Drew not really wanting to take it, I want to curse at Ty for speeding off with Michael before I could even ask to ride with him.

"Are you getting in or what?" Cam asks oblivious to what has happened. I take a deep breath and take a step towards the truck but someone's hand clamps down on my wrist and says, "You're with me."
Asher whispers in my ear as he pulls me to his bike. I feel myself let out a breath of relief as he pulls me away from Drew. I'm glad he could see I didn't want to ride in the truck and offered, well rather told me, to ride with him.

He hands me my helmet and we take off towards wherever the hell were going. I don't even know what Cam planned on this trip. He just said to wear bathing suits. So I'm in my plain black one piece bathing suit and a pair of jean shorts.