| EIGHT: OLD TIMES

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT.
OLD TIMES

The anxious looks her aunt and uncle sent her were causing the young girl to become confused. She was too confused to truly understand the situation. All she knew was that her parents were asleep and they apparently weren't going to wake up. She had spent the last few weeks at their house, rooming with her cousin in his big room having a slumber party.

At times, she would see her aunt and uncle whispering to each other in dark corners, only to snap when their house elf, Dobby, tried to offer them help. She knew it had to be about her, everything was about her or her parents recently. Though, Amandla, being as young as she was, couldn't understand what was possibly going on.

It had been three weeks before they took her out again. She had been trapped in the house with Draco, wondering the corridors they had memorized together years ago, sneaking into the kitchen every night and receiving chocolate from Dobby, who had been terribly kind to them even though his true masters had been incredibly rude as of late.

Her Aunt Narcissa held a firm grip on Amandla's small hand. She looked around, afraid anyone would see them as they walked down the dark streets. It was night, the stars dimly shining above them as they moved. Amandla sent a look at Draco, as if pleading for him to explain, but he, being as young as her, didn't understand either. He wanted to ask his father what was going on, but he knew better, so he kept quiet.

Lucius knocked on the door of the shop three times. Moments later, the same door opened to reveal an older man with a grim face. He ushered them inside, he had been expecting the Malfoys to show up, being 'friends' of them for a long time.

"You can help us, right, Novak?" Lucius asked him, trying not to let his fear be shown on his face.

"Yes," the man, Novak, nodded, "Your situation is quite unusual. I can't help but he surprised that dear Amandla is still alive. The papers say she's dead."

Amandla, confused by the topic, looked around the shop. She saw strange gadgets around, all different things that had many different names and prices, many different descriptions and she felt her mind swirl at the amount of words.

"Yes, it isn't hard to fool the press or pay them to write something," Lucius rambled, "Have you gotten what I needed?"

"A family to take her in?" Novak broke into a laugh, "I don't see why you can't release a statement saying she's alive and keep her with you."

Narcissa shook her head, "No, that won't work. She needs a good family who can keep her safe – safer than we ever could."

Novak eyed her skeptically, "He's gone. He's been gone for years, if that's what you're afraid of."