Chapter 23

Maxons Pov

I know I said that the family dinner I had yesterday was awkward, but it doesn't even compare to what me and America were suffering through today. No one knew what to think. Just the day before I was the enemy and now my hand was entwined with Americas on the table.

Kenna and May were bouncing in there seats, clearly happy that America and I were okay. But they were also still looking at me accusingly. Nadia and Nico, James parents, along with Gared, were indifferent. James and Magda, Americas mom, were looking at our hands accusingly, there maternal and brotherly instincts kicking into high gear. Awkward...

"Stop looking at him as if he is the devil," America sighed. "It was just a misunderstanding."

"America..." Magda sighed. "You may be able to over look this, but the rest of us can still see how skinny you are. We all can remember what you looked like heart broken, sitting unmoving on that bay window. How empty your eyes were as you stared out the window... I'm your mother and I just can't forget how he effected you."

"I am so sorry, Mrs. Singer. But You can be angry and mad at me for the rest of your life, but it won't make me leave her," I spoke. "I love her."

America squeezed my hand.

"But this may just be a school romance..."

"No..." America said standing up. "That is completely hypocritical. You say your just trying to protect me and that is why you don't want me and Maxon to be together. Because of the state of health I was in when he left me and you just don't want me to go through that again. But if you force him to leave and not allow us to be together than im just going to go straight back into my zombie like state."

"It's forgiven but not forgotten," was all Magda said as she went back to cutting her meat.

"Well that's too bad," America scowled as she gripped my hand and we excited the dining hall.

~oOo~

"Are these...tear stains?" I teased her. "Who causes these?"

"Shut it, Maxon!" America groaned.

"Did some big bad boy get through Americas indestructible, emotionless heart?" I laughed.

One of the first things I learned about America when we became friends, was that she is adamant that no boy will get through her tough exterior. And I'm enjoying teasing her on having a guy effect her. Especially since that guy is me.

She glared at me.

"Was it that prince boy with the chocolate eyes?" I smiled as she threw a pillow at me.

"Yes. It was."

"Well I thought the tough and almighty America doesn't allow boys to get to her?"

America rolled her eyes and stood in front of me. "He is different than the rest. I am Madly in love with him. Now you better stop teasing me, Maxon Schreave, or it'll become a fight. And we are not very good at fighting."

I grabbed her hand from my seat on the floor and pulled her into my lap. "What are we good at, my dear?"

"We happen to be very good at kissing," she mumbled against my lips before kissing them.

I hummed in appreciation as I slowly moved my lips against hers. Her hands reached up and dug into my hair, pulling at the ends slightly. My hands wandered to the small of her back, pulling her closer to me. She broke the kiss to breathe.

"America Rose Singer!" Vibrates through the palace, followed by a door closing.

She sighs. "Thats my dad."

"Why is he yelling?" I asked.

America stood up and walked to her mirror to fix her hair and dress. "I sort of ran out at the palace event, against his wishes, in order to come and see you."

"America...I could of waited till morning," I murmured as I helped her fix her hair.

"No. not to me," she disagreed. "Let me go face him."

~oOo~ Americas Pov

I hesitantly stepped into the foyer where my dad was embracing my mother. I childishly ignored my mother and faced my father.

"Daddy?" I attempted, to see if it would hauler the upcoming scolding.

"Nice try, kitten," my dad laughed.

"I really am sorry..." I apologized. "But wouldn't you do anything to see mom if she was hurt or you weren't able to see her for a month."

"It's different..." Dad sighed.

"No it's not! When are you and mom going to get that through your heads!" I yelled, gesturing dramatically. "I am in love with Maxon Schreave. I was yesterday. I am today. I will be tomorrow and for the rest of my life. I plan to move in with him. To marry him. To become queen. If you can't see that, than maybe there is something wrong with you and not me."

"Shalom," mom whispered. "I think our baby is finally in love."

"I've been telling you guys that for two days! Does it really take my yelling at you to get the point across," I muttered exasperated.

"I'm so proud of you kitten," my dad smiled.

"Thanks dad."

~oOo~

"Back to Angeles we go!" I laughed as the plane too off the next day.

"I'd go anywhere with you," he mumbled in my ear. I kissed his nose quickly.

"I don't care where I am as long as I'm with you," I agreed.

I sat in the window seat so I could see all of Illea from the sky. I haven't been in many planes, and all the times I've been in one I didn't sit by the window. Maxon of course gave me the okay, having rode in many planes. So he sat in the middle seat, with the end seat unoccupied. He was also wearing a baseball cap to cover his familiar blonde hair, after having quite a few fans on the ride here. He still looked handsome without his golden hair. His smoking hot face was still showing.

A tall and perky stewardess with beach blonde hair came up to us. She smiled flirtatiously at Maxon. The lady bent down to give Maxon his peanuts and gave him an eyeful of the ladies, if you know what I mean. I cleared my throat and she begrudgingly handed me some too.

"So..." she drawled gesturing to the empty seat. "I can a drink for your girlfriend in the empty seat? I'm assuming she's in the bathroom."

I scoffed at the cheesy line. Wow. I thought people only said things like that in movies.

Maxon scratched his head uncomfortably. "Um...no ones sitting in the empty seat."

"Does that mean your single?" She smirked.

"No..." Maxon said slowly. "It means my girlfriend is sitting in the other seat."

She gave me a quick glance and a dirty look. Than her eyes wondered back to me and recognition registered.

"Your..." she stuttered.

"Princess America," I supplied. "And this is my boyfriend. Prince Maxon."

She gasped and stuttered. "Um....I'll. J-j-just go go ggget some more P-peanuts.

I waved as she scurried away. Ah. I missed these moments.