Chapter 25

I tucked the dress into the little cardboard box. I wore this one to breakfast with the Queen and King when I visited with Maxon. It was cream with black lace patterns and was a gift from the queen. A dress she had once worn herself.

I couldn't help but sigh longingly as I placed the next dress in the cardboard moving boxes. It was a dress with a flowing blue skirt, and a sparkling silver bodice. I wore it to the talent show. The same day me and Maxon got together.

The last dress needed it's own box in its own. It was the  dress I wore to the event at the palace, the night I went flying back to Carolina to find Maxon. It was big and blue  and lacy. It had to be cropped so that it would fit my momentarily skinny form. 

I leaned back and fell to the floor. Since when did I get so many dresses and why do I remember where and why I wore each one. I guess there has just been a lot that's happened since I came to this school. And dare I say it....I might miss this place.

I taped the last box closed and look at my now Empty room. The walls were bare and now I finally got to praise the vibrancy of the blue my sister picked out. I also had taken for granted the size of the room and it was making me feel bad. Did you know closets look a lot bigger when there is nothing in them? My room just didn't look right with nothing in it. All there is in here is a pile of boxes, and a piano. Because the school didn't move it out with the rest of my furniture. My sister bought it personally.

It seemed hypocritical of me to seem so happy about leaving, yet not wanting to go. I was going to stay at the palace till the graduation in 3 days by the demand of the Queen. And trust me I'm beyond excited, but this has been my home for a year now. And I'm not looking forward to leaving.

Strong hands covered my eyes and an alluring voice murmured in my ear,"Guess who?"

I couldn't hold back a smile and I whipped around to face him. "Who?!" I gasped dramatically.

Maxon laughed lightly and wrapped his arms around my waist. I immediately rested my own on his shoulders and pressed my lips to his own.

"Are you ready to go?" He whispered.

"We're getting there," I assured him.

"That's great," he laughed nervously and I felt him began wringing his hands nervously against my lower back.

"Maxon," I pulled back and sent him a suspicious look. "What's wrong?"

"There is some sort or celebratory ball for my graduation my mom failed to mention going on this weekend," Maxon admitted.

"And since I'll be staying there, your mom wants me to attend," I concluded.

His head was down but he was looking up at me nervously through his eye lashes. It was an adorable sight to behold.

"I'll find a dress," I sighed reluctantly.

His smile grew. "No need. My mom already has one made."

I shook my head. The things I do for this man.

But I wasn't ready for the ball. This would be my first official event at this palace as the prince of Illea's girlfriend. The thought of hanging on his arm all night and making polite small talk sickens Me just a bit.