one

Eve's POV

I was so late.

Harry told me to be here at 6pm, and it was now 6:15pm. When Harry tells you to be here at a certain time, you should probably stick to it.

 With a quick kiss to my mum, I bounded out of the car and up the drive of his house, practically sprinting towards his front door and banging my knuckles hard on the wood.

 Hopefully he wouldn't kill me.

 The door swung open, revealing a half naked Harry. His hair was damp and dark, his curls starting to form as his hair was beginning to dry. His shirt was missing, exposing to me his smooth, impeccably toned, bronzed chest that was littered by his many doodles of tattoos. A black, leather belt held up a pair of tight, slightly worn, black jeans that covered his legs that seemed to go on forever.

 Jeans that skinny usually shouldn't look good on a 25 year old business man, but on Harry, they certainly did.

 "You're late" he stated, his voice muffled by the toothbrush that was dangling from his mouth, the foam from the toothpaste covering some of his abnormally pink lips.

 "You look pretty late yourself" I smirked back. He had some dinner function on tonight for his work, he told me it started at 7pm, so he was, in fact, late himself.

 "Don't get smart with me" he growled, wagging his pointer finger at me. He spat out the foam from his mouth into the bushes planted next to his front door, before walking through the living room and making his was to the stairs. I let out a chuckle and followed him through the door.

 "Alice!" he called, removing the toothbrush from his mouth. "Evie's here, come say hello!"

 I walked through to the living room, locking the front door behind me and plonking myself down on the couch. My week at school had completely strung me out, and all I really wanted to do was to crawl up in bed and fall asleep. I didn't normally babysit for Harry on the weekends, only whenever he had these work functions on, which wasn't normally.

 "Evieeeeee!" I heard a shrill voice shriek. I turned to my head to the direction of her voice, sure enough to find little Alice sprinting across the living room and jumping onto my lap. I groaned as the weight of her hit my body, and I hauled her up onto the couch to sit on my lap.

 Her light brown curls were done up in two pigtails sitting high on the top of her head, her cheeks were extra red and made the light green of her eyes seem more brighter than they actually were. Alice had her father's eyes, although Harry's were more of a forest green, Alice's were a tone or two lighter than his. Her two, deep dimples were engraved in either side of her soft, pale cheeks, those too, inherited from her father. Her smile was wide, showing off all of her pearly white teeth.

 "Alice, yes, hello to you too!" I exclaimed in front of her. She giggled and leapt forward, wrapping her small arms around my neck, the length of them only just fitting snuggly around the circumference of my neck.

 "How was your day today? Did you do anything exciting?" I asked her, pulling back only to see the wide smile that graced her face completely vanish, replaced with a furrow of her brows and a frown.

 "Daddy's been busy all day" she huffed and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "It's not fair."

 "Daddy's been busy getting ready for tonight Al, I'm sure he'll make it up to you tomorrow" I reasoned with her. Harry was a good father, an extremely good one considering he had a full time job and was raising a 4 year old kid on his own. I was surprised by how close he was with Alice and how much time he spent with her considering the situation. Harry was just busy today, that's why he didn't have much time for Alice. I always made sure to stick up for Harry, to anyone, even his own daughter.