Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oliver~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I drove to the restaurant on my own as I had asked Max to pick Sam up from her apartment. As soon as I parked my car, I rushed and entered the restaurant as I couldn't wait any longer to see Sam.

I ran my eyes all over the room to search for Sam. It was one of my favourite restaurants in New York. A very elite and sofisticated ambiance filled up the room. It had an all white theme. The furnitures were all white with a small vase clustered with collection of blue bells kept at the centre of each table. Blue lamps were hanging on top of each table with a very pretty blue and pearls chandelier at the lobby. A very light romantic music was playing in the background and the atmosphere was dominated by rich aroma of coffee. Then my eyes fell on Sam sitting at the farthest corner of the restaurant in a cubicle with a table for two. She had her eyes fixed on the screen of her cellphone. Her blue bag which she has been using since last one year was lying at the corner of the table. Then I noticed what she was wearing. She had wore a loose white t shirt and denim jeans of same shade as mine. This made me smile. I wanted to keep watching her like this forever. She was looking so cute in that over loose t shirt. I was still admiring her mesmerising beauty when suddenly she looked up straight towards me. I lost my balance for a second and started coughing to avoid any more embarrassment. God! She must have noticed me staring at her like an idiot.
Before she could say anything I approached her and sat in front of her.

"Er.... Hello Sir. Sorry I didn't notice that you are in."

"It's ok Miss Ryan. I just came."

"Sir, I have made the checklist for the ER.. er... Er... Proposal. I have brought my laptop too. Do you want me to go through the list now?" She was speaking without making an eye contact with me. She was stammering and putting her strand of hair tugging it at the back of her ears again and again. She was nervous. Very nervous.

"Ok Miss Ryan show me the list."

She briefed me with the hotel she will be booking for Julianne and where I can take Julianne for a date. She even suggested me the store from where I should buy her the ring for proposal. All of it was a choice which was screaming money and luxury at the top of its lungs. She had chosen all of it keeping in mind my status. It was all a well listed plan for a successful proposal. But the only things lacking in it was my own heart and soul.

"So, did you like it Sir?".

"Er.. yes it's perfect. But there has been some changes. Julianne is visiting tomorrow instead of next week. So, you need to make the reservations today itself."

"No issues Sir. I'll do that. So, I'll be leaving now as there are so many things to be done." She said as she picked up her bag and stood up.

I immediately grabbed her hand by her wrist almost forcing her to sit down and said, "No you can't leave now."

"But Sir... ", She said looking confused and a little embarrassed. Probably because I was still holding her hand.

She was right, she had done her job and I should have let her go but I didn't want her to leave. I wanted to spend some more time with her. I had to think of some excuse convincing enough.

"Miss Ryan, I did not get a chance to have my breakfast. And I am sure you didn't get it either. So, it's better that we have our breakfast here and then you can accompany me for the shopping as I need to buy the proposal ring." I said releasing her wrist from my grip. She immediately pulled her hand back.

"And don't worry about the booking. I'll get it done by Christine", I added to make her more comfortable.

"Er.. All right Sir", but I have had my breakfast. So, you have yours while I wait."

"Coffee?", I asked.

She looked up at me with a blank expression and then nodded her head in affirmation. Then started looking back at her mobile screen.

She seemed upset. I could feel it. Was it because she was jealous? I couldn't tell. Maybe she was sad as she was stuck with me for the rest of the day, which otherwise she might have spent with her friends and family.

As waiter approached us I looked up at Sam and asked, "What would you like to have?"

She was still looking at the menu turning its pages nervously. Don't know what she was searching for. "I'll have a Regular Cappuccino."

She ordered the cheapest available coffee there. I frowned at her but she avoided an eye contact.

"And you Sir?", The waiter asked.

"Same as her's", I replied handling the menu back to waiter, my eyes still fixed on Sam.

She looked at me with disbelief for a second and then fringed her nose and started looking back at her mobile screen. I so wanted to be her cellphone at that very moment. To be touched by her soft mulberry fingers and to be gazed by her beautiful sea green eyes would have felt like heaven.

The waiter was back with the coffee after few minutes but she continued her focus on her mobile. I was actually enjoying this as I got a chance to look at her so closely without her noticing it. She was pretending to be busy in her cellphone but I could clearly see her nervousness. She was nervous and was playing with her hair strands on her right ear.

"Samantha, coffee??", I reminded her.
She fidgeted and dropped her phone on her lap.

"Oh, I am sorry Sir", she picked her phone back and kept it on the corner of the table, beside her.

"So, you like Cappuccino?", I asked trying hard to start up a normal conversation between us.

"Yes, Sir", her reply was short and precise.

"Samantha, you don't have to call me Sir when we are alone. I'll prefer Oliver. Alright?"

"Yes Sir"

"OK Ma'am"

"Sir!"

"Yes Ma'am"

"I... I mean Ol... Oliver", she replied hesitatingly. Teasing her like this is fun.

We finished our coffee with her being mumb and shy and I tried being bold enough to stare at her throughout making her even more nervous. Although it was more daunting for me.

"Alright so let's go for the shopping", I said putting the bill on table.

"But Sir, oh.. I mean Oliver what about the driver you sent to pick me up."

"I'll ask him to leave. Don't worry Samantha I'll drop you home." I looked at her with a smile and she smiled back for the first time since we met today.

Kindly show your support by clicking on the star button on the left corner if you liked what you read. Thank you :)

Please let me know how did you like this chapter. Your valuable comments is much appreciated!!!