Chapter 46: Asses to Kick

Your group stopped in front of the gigantic gate that led to the shipyard of Galley-La Company. Both Paulie and Lucci approached the door and put a hand on it:

"At any rate, what a huge door! And this requires manual operation?" said in awe Usopp, staring at the top before looking back at Iceburg. "Can those two weirdos open it by themselves?"

His eyes widened when it began to move, the two men using an unknown strength to push the door. Even you were dumbfounded at the sight.

"Each dock has only five shipwright foremen. They may not look like it, but their skills made them foremen at Dock #1" explained the mayor of the city. "Kaku, who we talked about earlier, is one of them, too. Even if their personalities are weird, don't worry about it"

"Yeah, they're weird!" chuckled Luffy and you flicked his forehead.

"Coming from you is almost funny"

"Ah! The door started to open" stated Usopp, and began to run inside with the others.

"Don't let the money leave your hands. I don't think we have thieves inside, but..." warned Iceburg.

"Well, it was also my fault earlier, and it caused you trouble, too. HEY (Y/N)! Make sure you guard me good!"

"Suck my ass" you retorted, passing the sniper to make your way inside the shipyard.

"W-W-Wait! Is that a 'yes' or a 'no'?!" stuttered Usopp with rosy cheeks, running after you.

Your comrades explored the shipyard, not hiding how impressed they were. Luffy was practically running all around like a child on sugar, with Usopp looking with eyes of pure awe at the work of the shipwrights. It didn't take long before you lost sight of them, and you found yourself alone in this huge place. Not that you minded in the slightest, it gave you a pause of all the noises and sounds that could come out from Luffy's mouth.

A few times you got some wolf whistles from the men working there, and you merely flipped them up or let out a growl that clearly said: "Not interested". They quickly ran back with their tail between their legs after that. You would have certainly enjoyed more this moment of solitude from your crazy crew if it wasn't of a certain man with a pigeon whose glare was fixed on you.

"Geez, what's wrong with him?.." you shuddered, eyeing Lucci from the corner of your eyes. "Each times I sneak a glance at him, he's watching me with those creepy eyes and blank face"

However, you were taken by surprise when you caught sight of a dark smirk plastered on his face, but as soon it appeared, it was replaced with the same emotionless expression. Chills ran down your back, your throat dry.

"What the heck was that?! He looked like a completely different person!" you thought in alarm.