Chapter 47 : Abandon

From rooftops to rooftops, you jumped across the city of Water 7 in search for the Franky House Paulie told you about. Nami decided to go for Usopp, worried sick for his well-being. She took the Yagara and sailed through the canals at maximum speed.

You gritted your teeth in frustration, having enough of this sucking day. Suddenly, you heard some people shouts loudly a floor below you. A crowd was forming around something that you couldn't quite see from the spot you were at.

"Hey! Does anyone know who this guy is?!" yelled a man.

You stopped and your eyes widened in shock when you saw the beaten up face of Usopp, some teeth lost from the amount of punches he received. You jumped down from the building, landing with one knee of the ground before you propelled yourself at the sniper. You fell on your knees next to him, taking his head and shaking him:

"Usopp!!" you yelled, slapping his cheeks a few times. "Wake up!"

"Hey, are you guys pirates by any chance?" sweated a guy and you whipped your head to face him, a snarl decorating your lips.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! JUST STARE AWAY ALREADY" you ordered darkly and the crowd took a step back. You looked back at Usopp: "Was it the Franky Family who did this to you?! Was it them?!"

"Yeah..." he struggled to let out. "Because I'm weak...That large amount of money...They stole it all. (y/n)"

You blinked in surprise when tears cascaded down his bruised cheeks, snot coming out of his long, broken nose.

"I can't face everyone, (y/n). We were finally about to have Merry repaired...I feel so ashamed" Usopp panted and whimpered. "Dammit!..."

"....Usopp. Don't worry about the money. We'll all go and get it back for sure" you stated lowly. You were sometime a bitch, but you couldn't bring yourself to tell him about Merry. "Nami will arrive shortly, I can sense her"

You lifted and brought the man so he could lean against a wall.

"You stay here while I deal with them. Nami should bring back help and Chopper too so he can treat you. I know where their hideout is, so I will bring back the money" you told the sniper who was silent, his eyes shadowed. "HEY! THIS ISN'T A SHOW! Usopp, you stay put. I will be right back with the 200 million Berries!"

You turned away and fled the scene, pushing citizens who were standing in your way. You could help the feeling of pure anger engulfing your whole being.

"They will pay" you growled. "They will definitely pay!"