c h a p t e r e l e v e n

-

"Personality is everything in art and poetry."

-

1 and a half years ago, a day after the incident in the Room of Requirement

-

Draco didn't show up to breakfast.
At first, Hermione assumed it was because of the previous night, but she certainly started to worry when Draco didn't show up to lunch.

"Hey Harry, you haven't seen Draco today, have you?" she asked at lunch.
She agreed with herself that if she didn't see him at all until dinner, she would go looking for him. Harry looked up from his toast and shrugged, "He wasn't in potions."

Hermione nodded and looked past him to catch a glimpse at the great hall entrance. Draco could either enter through those doors at any moment, or not enter through them for Merlin knows how long.

"Why do you care where Malfoy is 'Mione?" Ron said through a mouthful of food.

"Oh honestly Ronald, don't eat like such a pig. It's very disgusting." she dismissed. Hermione sighed and put her head in her hands but she shot back up when Harry said, "Guys we better get going. We have potions with Snape in 5 minutes."

The trio picked up their bags, got up and made their way out of the hall.

-

Rippppp

"Shoot me." Hermione groaned.
Harry, Ron and Hermione had been walking past the charms classrooms to get to the dungeons when Hermione's bag ripped open, spilling its contents.

"Why don't you just get a new bag?" Harry sighed.
"Because there's a very handy thing called magic, Harry." said Hermione.
She got her wand out of her robe pocket and cast a reparo spell on her bag.

Immediately, all the cloth started to join itself back together and Hermione turned to Harry to give him a smug look. "See?"
Harry just playfully rolled his eyes but he couldn't help but hide a small smile.

"You guys go along. We wouldn't want Snape to have a chance to hand out a whole dish of detentions today." she said.

Harry and Ron exchanged looks but nodded nevertheless and made their way down to the dungeons.

Hermione bent down and started picking up her books when she heard a sound that sounded awfully similar to muffled sobbing.

She stood up, leaving her stuff on the floor and aimlessly wandered towards an empty charms classrooms.
At least, she thought it was empty.

Hermione walked into the room and looked around. She couldn't see anyone at first, but then she spotted someone hunched by a bookshelf to her left, shaking somewhat uncontrollably.

"Draco?"

The figure stopped shaking immediately and stood up to face Hermione and she saw that it was indeed, none other than Draco Malfoy.

"H-hermione?" he stuttered..
Hermione gave a faint, relieved smile but Draco just blinked at her and ran a shaking hand through his hair, taking a deep breath. "Did you tell Harry and Ron about last night?"