31. I'll take good care of her

"Why aren't you talking to me?"
I ask him once he puts ty in the bed.

"What's there to talk about Baylor!"
He snaps and I'm kinda taken back. Damn someone's grouchy tonight.

"Nothing I guess."
I say and grab clothes to wear for bed.

I hear him shut the door so I take off my jacket and put on an oversized tshirt. I pull my pants down and turn around to lay in bed but freeze when I see Asher standing there with an eyebrow raised at me.

I instantly feel my face heat up.

"Uh. I thought you walked out."

"Nope."
Is all he says and I nod. He could have told me that before I changed my clothes.

"Uhm okay. Well I'm going to bed, goodnight."
I say and take a step towards the bed but he stands in my way. I timidly look up at him and he's staring down at me.

"You're never wearing that outfit again."
He tells me with complete seriousness.

"Why? I can wear what I want your not my dad."

"I don't ever want any guy to look at you the way they did tonight."
His voice is serious with a hint of anger and I'm not sure why.

"And how did they look at me Asher?"

"Like you were a notch waiting to be engraved in their headboard, just for show."
He says through clenched teeth as his hands clench together.

"And what am I to you?"
I spit back and his eyes flash with hurt before he replaces it with his normal stormy eyes.

"Nothing I guess."
He says then walks out of the room slamming the door in the process and I stand there for a moment before crawling in bed.

5 minutes go by and I can't sleep.

Ten.

Twenty. Finally I just give up and head out of the bedroom to clear my head. I open up the sliding door to the ocean and walk out on the porch but stop when I see Asher sitting on the steps.

I timidly sit down beside him.

"Couldn't sleep either huh?"
He looks at me then back out at the ocean and shakes his head.

"Wanna take a walk?"
I ask hoping he'll say yes, he looks at me, runs his hands through his perfect blonde hair and stands up.

I guess that's a yes. We start walking neither one of us saying anything then I finally bump his shoulder playfully.

"You should know by now, first I'm sour, now I'm trying to be sweet."
I smile at him innocently and he laughs. I love it when he laughs.

"That's a given."
He replies and I push him causing him to laugh again.

We make it to the beach and it's empty besides us. The crashing sound of the waves put me at peace and I wouldn't mind staying out here with Asher all night.

"Wanna swim?"
He smirks at me as he starts walking towards the water.

"I'm in a white shirt."
I tell him and he just shrugs.

"So? it's dark and you have underwear on, don't you?."
He winks as he takes off his shirt. I gulp as I check him out. The moonlight glistens off his tanned skin so perfectly that I can see every defined curve to his toned body. He smiles at me and my eyes move to his perfect bright teeth and his full heavenly lips. His smile makes me start to smile and I look towards the ground as a blush climbs upon my cheeks.

"Not gonna happen."
I say and He smiles as he pulls down his shorts and now he's only standing there in a pair of tight briefs. Oh god. I quickly turn around and he laughs.

"Come on the water is warm."
He says while trying to splash me.

I shake my head no and moments later I hear footsteps coming towards me. I take off running but he catches up to me and grabs me by my waist and hoists me in the air and before I know it I'm being thrown in the water.

I resurface and push the hair out of my eyes and come face to face with Asher only inches away from me.

I'm frozen in my spot as he grabs my waist. I can feel my wet shirt sticking to my boobs and I can't tell if I want Asher to look or not. He looks at me and smirks before throwing me in the air and sending me deeper in the water.

"Asher! You're such an ass!"
I yell and he busts out laughing as he swims towards me. The water now goes up to my chest and I try to act like I'm mad but it doesn't last long before I just smile.

He looks behind me and his eyes widen before he starts laughing. I turn around and a wave crashes on top of me. I spin around under water getting a mouth full of it and come up spitting it out as Asher laughs harder.

"Like I said, asshole."
I say and he narrows his eyes at me.

"You know you love me Campbell."

"Not messing around huh?"
Cameron's voice shouts from the beach and I see him staring at Asher while Leah is smiling at me from ear to ear. I know I look like a deer caught in headlights while Asher is cool and collected beside me.

"I'll take good care of her."
Asher winks at me and my heart stops, then he mouths, play along and disappointment settles in my chest. I wish it was real. I wish he really did have feelings for me.

"Asher I'll ki-"

"I'm not messing with your little sister cam, I promise. I was just kidding."
Asher laughs and I can see cam visibly relax. Leah looks over at me to study my reaction but I just look down into the water, trying to keep the best poker face I can.

"You better be joking!"
Cam says before letting Leah pull him away and Asher laughs.

Then for some reason my mind travels back to drew and I feel guilty. I look down and bite my lip not wanting to meet Asher's eyes anymore.

"We should go inside."
I tell him not really in the mood to be out here anymore.

"If that's what you want."
He says his voice losing the playfulness it just had. He can already tell the difference in my mood. I nod my head and start walking towards the house.

-
New update at 200 votes and 50 comments on this chapter.

A/N ;

Where's my team basher at?