Chapter Thirty-Three

Edited 3/5/15

So yeah, this is the first book I've (nearly) finished (yay! *squeals*) and it got so popular! I still can't believe it' Thanks! You guys are awesome, and thanks for sticking with me! <3

Also, this story is going to be entered into the Wattpad Prize thing. Yay! And I'm actually going to finish it in time for once :o

Song on the side: Perfect by P!nk

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lexi! Wake up! It's back-to-school-day!"

Oh crap. Upon hearing my mum call for me, I immediately tried to go back to sleep.

"Alexis! Please get out of your bed, you are going to miss the bus at this rate!"

Even that horrific, disgusting, cringey nickname couldn't get me out of bed. They could have at least let me have a few days off because of me being screwed up but no; I was forced to go back to school. Back to that hellhole of a place, where the whole situation started, and although everyone thought that it would be ever so easy to get my mind out of this state of doom and sadness and horror, it wasn't easy to untangle me from this mess. People were still going to hate me, bully me, call me an attention-whore, even more now that Levi had definitely gone and told everyone about me trying to take my own life 'for attention'.

It wasn't for attention. It was because I wanted to be out of attention, become invisible, become gone from all the people hating me and bringing me down. I just wanted to die.

Maybe a little part of me still did want to die.

But I was a lot better.

I just didn't want to go to school. Simple as.

"Alexis!"

Not getting up. I could just stay at home for one day...

"Get up, Alexandria!"

My eyes shot open. "Mum! What the hell is this Alexandria thing? My name is Lexi, not Alexis or Alexandria or any of that rubbish!" I had finished shouting when I realised there was no way I was going to be able to stay at home if I could shout like that about my name. Stupid me.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I sat up and yawned, grabbing my school uniform from the end of the bed.

I had to be strong, even if I wasn't. I just had to be strong. I could rebuild myself with stone, so nobody could hurt me. I had to be strong, I had to...

"I don't want to go to school!" I said, making my voice crack halfway through so it sounded like I was crying. "Don't make me go to school! Please!"

I carried on shouting stuff like that for about a minute, and by the end of it. I was sure I was genuinely crying when my mum came in. Her face was tired and wrinkled, but when she saw me half-crying, her expression softened and she walked towards me, sitting next to me on the bed.

"Look, Lexi, stop panicking, it will be completely fine," my mum said, putting her hands on my shoulders.

I stared right back at her with watery eyes. "Please can I just have today off?"

"No, Lexi, I'm not going to let you hide away for another day," my mother said firmly. That was the thing with my mum - she could go from kind to strict in a matter of seconds.

I gave her the puppy-face.

"Lexi, Lexi," My mum sighed, and cupped my chin in her hand. "The only way to get rid of your fears is to face them, and hiding away will just increase the fear. They want you to cower away, but you need to show you're strong. You need to go out there and show them who you really are, and you need to just keep your head down and ignore everything they say, because it will die down if you ignore them. Of course, if you feel you can't stay there, just go to the school office and call me, and I'll come and pick you up. And if Levi's being an idiot...walk away. Just you need to go to school first, and maybe it will be fine."