Chapter 4

Aiden's P.O.V

I couldn't stop staring at him. No matter how hard I tried to tear my eyes away from his, I just couldn't. It was like my brain hadn't accepted that he was my mate and was looking at him for some sort of hint that we were wrong.
He was scared out of his mind, I could see it in his blue eyes that were wide with fear. The only emotion I ever saw him possess was hatred and that was always to me, besides that Julian was a stone, cold wall. But yet here he was with terror and panic running rampant before me.

"There has never been two male mates in the history of werewolves." My dad's words seep through the thick wall of confusion that surrounded my mind.

"It's not possible. They're alphas, they need to have children for our packs to survive." Roger, Julian's dad says as he paces anxiously. "Two alphas mating, the packs, they'd merge."

"This doesn't make any sense." My dad says sighing as he sat besides me. "Why would the Moon Goddess do this?"

"Everything will be fine. It'll all be just fine." Roger says in a state of clear panic. "Julian, say something."
He tried to, his mouth opening and closing a hundred times before tears started to swim in his eyes. It was like a knife wound to my chest, an unfamiliar feeling that flooded my veins because he was in pain, my wolf cried viciously for me to help him but I was stuck in my own spot as he was his.

"We'll figure this out, just don't do anything rash and reject each other." My father's words seemed to snap me out of my trance as I broke my gaze with Julian and looked at him.
The thought hadn't crossed my mind, yeah I hated the guy, but if I rejected him that would mean the downfall of both our packs and I cared for my people.

Looking back at Julian, I see his eyes filled with worry, he probably thought I was going to reject him.
Your mate rejecting you was probably the worst thing that could happen to a wolf. Your other half, soulmate, the one who would love you like no other saying that they didn't want your love was enough to send you mad.

"I'm not going to reject you." I say standing as I run my hands through my hair, he lets out a breath as our parents follow suit.

"This is a good thing if you look at it from a certain angle." My dad says making us all look at him as if he were deranged.

"How can this possibly be a good thing?" Julian grits through his teeth.

"Well. If we merge the packs we would become the strongest pack not only in the nation, but the entire world. Nobody would compare especially with two alphas as leaders, we'd be unstoppable." He says with a light twinkling in his eyes that told me he was already planning out the steps for our future.

"You've got a point there Micheal." Roger says the same light shining in his own eyes. "If they mate and I'm Aiden's father-in-law, we would be more than best friends. We'd be like brothers!"

I watched as the two continued to scream and shout about they're growing friendship and the blessing the Moon Goddess sent our way.

"Can you two please stop for a minute so we can figure out what to do?" I say sternly my temper rising.

"Yes, sorry. Well we still have the rest of the ceremony to complete. You know with the betas, elders and selsas." Roger says with a smile.

"You two must be civil. Now more than ever the packs will need to see strength and unity, especially from their new leaders. Make it through the ceremony without ripping each other's throats out and we will discuss what will happen after." My dad says glancing between the two of us. "Can you do that?" We both nod in understanding, they seat us in the front row as they go to round up everyone to return.