You're Not My Dad??

Ryder POV

I smothered my laugh as I followed her out the door of the library. I know it was stupid to annoy her but her irked expression is just hilarious. She looked close to strangling me.

She was quickly making her way down the steps, reaching the sidewalk when I reached beside her, grinning. "So where to now, princess?"

It looked like she was glaring at me but it was hard to tell with her ray bans blocking half her face. "I am going home, where I can actually focus on my work and not deal with your annoying self."

"Aww, you're so cute when you're angry," I said, ruffling her hair. She slapped my hand away, angrily.

"Just take me home, King or I swear to god you will end up with broken balls."

I winced at the image, "Okay, jeez, don't need to get so kinky."

I can practically feel her throwing daggers with her eyes even though she was blind. Honestly, she's scary for a blind person.

I got into the driver's seat and started the car. I looked at her as she buckled herself in, "You should try asking nicely, it-"

"Ryder!"

"Okay, okay, are you on your period or something?"

I drove towards the 5 star hotel and parked at the front. "Here we are, ma'am, is there anything else you may need before I drive back home?"

She smiles as she opens her door, "No, that will be all. I expect you to pick me up on time tomorrow at 6:30 or you'll be fired."

I laugh, "Oh really? So I'm your chauffeur now?"

"Of course," she says, smirking, "I don't pay you for nothing."

She climbs out and shuts the door. I shout out to her, playfully, "You don't pay me anything!"

She throws her head back laughing as she continues on through the glass doors.

My smile widens as I watch her disappear into the luxurious building.

I shook my head as I drove home. Once I pulled into the garage, I turned off the engine, got out and locked the doors.

I walked through the door leading straight into the kitchen and saw my dad standing by the stove. "Hey, Pops, what you cooking?"

I quickly dodged his punch, laughing as he playfully glared at me. "Who you calling Pops, boy?"

My eyes widened, "You're not my dad?"

"You little-" he ran towards me and I laughed as I ran around the island.

"Boys..."

By then, my dad had me in a choke hold, ruffling my hair as I tried to wrestle my way out. We both looked at my mom as she stood there, looking at us with a stern look, but we both could tell she was holding back a smile.

"He started it!" We said simultaneously, pointing towards each other.

She laughed and walked towards us. "You both know not to mess around in the kitchen."

Dad let go of me as he straightened up and met her halfway. "It really was his fault, he called me old," he pouted.

My jaw dropped, "What?! No, I did not! I called you Pops!"

He rolled his eyes, "Same thing."

I snort, "Right, anyways, I'm going to head up to my room."

"Okay, sweetie," mom said, "We'll call you when dinner is ready."

Once in my room, I threw myself on my bed. I grabbed the basketball that I placed underneath my bed and started throwing it up and catching it as I thought of Ava. She really is something else.

Ding!

I looked at my phone.

Jake: Yo, you coming to the party?

I sighed, texting back.

No, got shit to do at home.

Jake: aight, do you think I should invite Ava?

I paused, rereading it when I remembered that Jake likes her. Great, now she's off limits.

The thought of them together bothers me and I grit my teeth as jealously flows through me.

I don't know, bro. It's up to you. Last I heard, she has work to do.

Jake: that sucks. Maybe I'll ask her to next week's party.

I roll my eyes. He just can't go a week without partying.

Yeah, you should. Gtg, bro.

I thought long and hard about whether or not Jake would be so pissed if I went after her but in the end, I decided to just talk to him when I can. This shit is killing me.

I tossed the ball to the side and groaned in frustration.

"Honey, you okay?"

I looked towards my door and saw my mom leaning against it. I shrugged, "Yeah, just got a problem."

"Hmm... about a girl?"

My eyes snapped to her and saw her smiling. "Yeah, how did you know?"

"Oh please, you have never came home from school smiling so the fact that you did for a week straight is... well, surprising. She must be one of a kind."

I thought about Ava's smile, her wicked sense of humor and her intelligence. I smiled, "Yeah, she is. It's just that Jake likes her."

She slightly winced at my problem, "Well, I can't help you with that. All I can say is talk it out with him. Anyways, I came up to tell you that dinner is ready."

I nodded, "I'll be there in a few."

"Okay," she walked out and gently closed the door.

I sighed and got up. Why do girls always manage to mess with a guy's head?

A/N: I am disappointed with that chapter but it's okay, not everything will go the way you want it to. I have to re-read the whole story for me to see what I forgot so I don't get myself mixed up. But thank you for being patient with me and for reading my story. Love you! 😘❤❤❤