Chapter Fourteen: Moving

The next morning we all woke up earlier than usual so that we could get back on the road. It was another 6 hours before we reached Troy. Loading the Impala back up and grabbing donuts and gas we were back on the road within 30 minutes. Cass decided to by a travel pillow from the gas station and was happily sleeping next to me. Myself, on the other hand, was typing away on my laptop, adding another entry into my digital journal.

I had started it not long after I had went to live with Bobby. It was a good way for me to relieve stress and write out my thoughts and ideas. So far I had filled 116 pages in Microsoft word. I listened to my ipod as I typed, bobbing my head to the beat of the music. Currently, I was listening to KISS' Hot in the Shade album. I really liked their music and it made me remember my old electric guitar back when I was a civilian.

After the entry was wrote I shut off the laptop and looked out of the windows of the Impala. For only crossing two states it was a pretty uninteresting drive. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't horrible to drive through or 100% boring. I just didn't see a lot of interesting things. Montana wasn't so bad, it at least had trees.

Reaching into my backpack, which was something I had got on our shopping adventure, I pulled out an old hard cover book with doodles on it. When I had been packing at Bobby's I had stumbled across something in my hunter's survival kit that Mom had created for me. I hadn't know what it was at first but had packed it anyways. It turns out that it was my mom's hunters journal. Maybe it was just a tradition with hunters, to keep journals. Thus far, everyone who I had talked to kept one, but that may not be enough proof because the only hunters I talk to besides Sam and Dean are Bobby and Bentley.

"Rachel?" I heard a voice say my name, snatching my attention away from my thoughts. It was Sam.

"Yeah?" I replied curiously. Sam was driving right now, with Dean asleep in the passenger seat. He looked at me from the rearview mirror.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concern in his voice. I nodded back in return.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Why?"

"You just seemed very out of it."

I laughed slightly, "Sorry. I was just lost in thought I guess." He nodded in response. "So, how far do we still have to go?"

"About 2 and a half hours," he replied, "Can I ask you a question?" I nodded back in response. "When you were with the Djinn, what did you dream about?" My heart stopped for a second.

"I...Umm...I had a normal life. Dean and my mom were married and happy and it was my birthday. The whole family was there. My mom's parents...Your parents.... And Sam you were married. To this really pretty blonde girl. She had a good smile." I paused for a moment remembering, "But it wasn't good. Dean and Mom got in a fight near the end of my birthday party and he got in the Impala and left. The party ended and Dean came back later that night drunk." I shook my head. "I'm glad it wasn't real. I would hate to be there. All the people we saved had died over there and it wasn't the world I knew. It was just as bad as being on the other side, where Cass is from..."

Sam didn't say anything for a while. I didn't expect him to. "I'm glad your in our lives Rachel," he said after some time. "It's been good for all of us."

"Thanks Sam.  I'm glad I'm here too," if not I'd be dead or a mindless drone of Evangeline. We didn't really say much after that, so I decided to start reading my mom's journal.  My eyes, however, wanted sleep and I was out in a matter of minutes.

_____________

"Rachel? Wake up. We're here."  Cassidy said shaking my right arm. I opened my eyes and sat up.

"Where are we?" I asked her. The Impala was parked outside an apartment building.

"The guys went to go rent an apartment." she said opening her door.