24 - NOT AGAIN

One week later...

YOUR POV

For the past few days, I have met a lot of Ooo citizens.

I met the Ice King, Lumpy Space Princess, Flame Princess, and other Ooo citizens. I also had the greatest bond with my friends. Marceline and I always jam together so the others can join in - kinda reminds me of the day when the Candy Kingdom held a band and most of the candy people partied with us.

Finn and I have been adventuring, fooling around, and mostly getting to know each other more. 

Not until I started being too friendly to him.

"Y/n. Breakfast is ready!"

I closed my journal carefully then slid it under my bed after writing all the memorable expeditions I shared with my new friends.

Reading my journal early in the morning already became a habit of mine. I read my past adventures before I met Finn and Jake, especially the weird dreams that I laugh at most of the time.

I carried my backpack over my shoulder, scurrying down the tree fort's ladder. Everytime I go down, the elated voices are heard but today, two people who live in the tree fort only pierced my ears.

Since the kitchen is near to the ladder, the smell of Jake's dishes wafted inside the tree fort. Today is very much special. The smell is triple times alluring than his other dishes combined.

As I glance at the dining table where they all called me (except for Finn, who's just eating plainly at the table), a table of sweets, main courses, and side meals filled my view.

Are we having a feast?

"Jake, is this even breakfast? It looks like we're having a bruncher." I snickered but Jake didn't quite catch up for the word I said. "Never heard of the combination of breakfast, lunch, and dinner?" he lets out a small gape upon his face, followed by a warm welcoming smile.

"Just so you know, today is your first month-sary for being our official Ooo citizen! We've made this beautiful feast to celebrate with you."

"D'aaw. Thank you." I smiled.

Jake and BMO hollered in the background but Finn gave out an inaudible sigh, not even sparing me eye contact. What is his problem? He tried avoiding me yesterday and now, I still never got the chance to hear his voice.

They stopped cheering when they found out a small frown formed from my lips.

"Finn? Is there something wrong? I'm always ready to listen." he didn't budge nor retorted an answer. He kept on twirling his fork on the pasta. "Not even congratulations or a smile?"

"I'm not in the mood for anything."  I froze.

This isn't Finn.

Watching his back face me, the moment he stood up abruptly, he shoved his backpack on his back then left without even a single ponder.

I just let the cold wind blow my hair strands until I literally freeze from its chilling breeze.

"Don't worry about him, Y/n. He's just...having a hard time. Ha-ha..." Jake nervously chuckled.

"If he's having a hard time, at least tell me what's his problem." I harshly settled my fork on my plate, sighing.

"He already avoided me yesterday. Don't tell me he's up for another cold shoulder today." I grumbled. Jake fiddled his fingers nervously while BMO hopped off the couch, flashing a reassuring smile upon his screen. I slouched down where Finn's spot was and finally had the urge to eat.