Preparation

I sat at the lunch table, minding my own business while watching the other kids that interacted with each other. My hand held my resting chin and allowed me to see others with little effort. Honestly, it was pretty comfy and I was ready to fall asleep from taking a break from taking an excess caffeine. Plus it was pretty close to nap time according to my hooded lids that tried to cover up my eyes.

Thorin was walking toward the table with a blank expression on his face and tray in his hand. He passed a bunch of girls who stopped and turned their heads to watch him walk. I couldn't help but grin at his lack of realization that a whole table of girls was looking at his ass. Instead of noticing that people were indeed checking him out, his eyes caught mine. The once blank look on his face turned into a cocky smirk.

My eyes rolled, trying to look at the back of my head instead of him. I pursed my lips to not give away that his somewhat goofy face was making me smile. But I needed the smile. Tj was still on the back of my mind and I was pissed as hell. He was such an asshole last night and I just wanted to be done with the dick.

But something kept me wanting to talk to him. One would think with all the intelligence that I have, I wouldn't want to talk to someone like that. But I did. It was nice to talk to someone, share my troubles and not be afraid of them somehow using it to blackmail me or hurt me.

He was coming closer and the eye contact that we were holding wasn't breaking either. As much as I wanted to look away and try to not think about him, I couldn't. My ass was too tired and it took too much energy just to turn mine. So I did what most other lazy people would do: sit there and watch and try to not act too creepy.

A kid was talking to another one while walking in front of the Devil himself, not paying the same amount of attention as I was. The boy laughed at something that his friend had said and in response the laughter, his eyes closed but somehow he kept on walking. Slightly frowning his lips, Thorin stopped abruptly. Not wanting to lose the food on his tray, his long arm went up into the air with it and made sure it was a few inches away from the kid's head.

I felt my jaw wanting to drop like one of those old cartoons at the sight of Thorin's shirt slightly lifting up, revealing likes that carved the sides of his lower abdomen. Thankfully, my hand was still holding my chin and keeping my jaw from moving. Thorin noticed this as he lowered his tray and finally made his way to the table.

"Checking me out?" He said, putting his tray down and taking the seat right next to me.

I snorted. "I wasn't checking you out, I was watching the people behind you." Finally, the energy came to me and allowed me to turn my head to the side and away from Thorin.

"Oh please, you were giving me the 'fuck me' eyes."

The air that was passing through my throat and filling my lungs was suddenly cut off by a series of coughs. My hand slightly banged against the table as the short puffs were forced out of my mouth as an attempt to try and open up my windpipe. Some of the people who sat at the opposite end of the table watched as I heaved and tried not to die. I looked at them, giving them the thumbs up as the coughing steadily died down as the tears in my eyes formed.

Thorin's hand went to my back and slowly rubbed it as if that would make the coughing fit stop.