NYU

Hey guys! So this is another Joshaya story. I hope that y'all enjoy it and let me know what you think of the first chapter. 😃

Dear Maya Hunter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into our NYU art program! We hope to see you August 5th for check in and we thank you for choosing NYU to further your studies...

Maya smiled as she read the letter over and over again as she sat down on her bed next to her full suit case and duffle bag. She never thought she would ever be good enough to make it to college let alone into an art program. She was beyond happy, not only was she going to the same place all her friends were going, but she also got to stay in her own backyard. Although she would like to say it was her grades that got her into this school somehow she knew better. Maya knew that even though she buckled down and studied hard her last two years of high school, her grades were still no where near good enough for NYU. She knew is was her art talent that got her in no doubt.

"You ready to go baby girl?" Maya looked at her mom and then back down to her letter. She sighed happily and nodded her head.

"Yeah, yeah I'm ready." Maya said. Katy smiled at her and left the room so she could finish packing. Maya put the letter in the side pocket of her duffle bag and closed up her suit case. She opened the window to the fire escape and grabbed ginger.

"If I could I'd let you stay here in this room but, I think my parents would have a cow. You go, run the streets of New York, live your life, maybe you'll find your family someday." Ginger squirmed in Maya's hands as she petted him for the last time. Maya leaned outside the window and put ginger down and watched him run down the stairs and onto the sidewalk. "Bye ginger." Maya got up and grabbed her bags and walked out of her room to meet her parents outside.

"Ya good, kiddo?" Shawn asked her as he grabbed her stuff putting it in the trunk of his car. Maya nodded her head as she smiled.

"Yeah, it's just a bit overwhelming. I'm actually gonna be on my own." Maya said as the reality started to kick in.

"Well it's not like your gonna be completely on your own. We're still gonna check up on you every day, You'll have all your friends by your side and who knows, maybe you'll run into Josh!" Shawn said as he started the car while Katy and Maya got in.

Joshua Matthews, that name made shivers run down Maya's spine in both good ways and bad. Maya had spent the last year of her life trying to get over her feelings for Josh, of course she never succeeded. That didn't matter now that Josh had proposed to his girlfriend of a year this past summer and were planning on getting married right after he finished NYU next year. The news broke through the family like wild fire and it didn't take long for it to get back to Maya. Everybody knew about Josh and Maya so the news that Josh proposed was very shocking. Maya told everyone that she was over Josh and the news didn't bother her at all but of course Riley knew she was lying.

"Probably! He knows that Riley got into NYU so I'm sure he'll be around." Maya said trying not to seem different.

"Are you sure your ok, baby girl?" Katy asked as she gave Shawn a look for even mentioning Josh.

"Couldn't be happier."
~
"We're seniors now!" Andrew said as he  took Josh by the shoulders and playfully shook him. Josh laughed and shrugged Andrew off his shoulders as he kept unpacking his clothes and putting them in drawers.

"You know what that means." Josh said in a playful tone as he looked over his shoulder at Andrew.

"Are you initiating that we should throw the biggest party of the year?! Cause I would so be down for that!" Andrew yelled excitedly. Josh laughed and shook his head.

"I was gonna say we could mess with the freshman but yeah, we could do that too." Josh said as he started setting up his desk.

"Speaking of freshman, isn't your niece one this year?" Andrew asked curiously as he started putting his bed spread on his bed. Josh nodded his head and looked at his watch.

"Yep and she should be getting checked in as we speak." Josh said as he pulled a dark blue t shirt over his head.

"And her blond friend? The one you ditched for your fiancée after promising her someday." Andrew asked in a casual tone as he looked over and gave Josh a dirty look. Josh tensed up at the sound of Maya's name.

"Why so interested?" Josh asked as his moves to finish unpacking became slower.

"I'm not. I just don't know how you could ditch an amazing young woman for that." Andrew said looking at the picture that Josh just put on his dresser.

"Adrianna is a great girl, Andrew." Josh defended her as he grabbed his phone and put it on charge.

"I'm sure she is to you. On the other hand your friends and family are sitting back having to watch you make the biggest mistake of your life." Andrew said being completely blunt with Josh.

"Yeah I liked Maya, but I love Adrianna! There's a huge difference." Josh said as he looked at the picture of him and Adrianna. Andrew shook his head.

"Idiot." He mumbled as he grabbed his shower stuff and headed to the bathroom. Josh rolled his eyes and looked down at his phone.

Riley: Maya's here too, thought I'd let you know.

Josh sighed and looked at the ring on Adrianna's finger in the picture, reminding himself that it was her he loved. Or so he thought.
----------------------------------------------
Well there's the first chapter! Let me know what y'all think! ❤️