Chapter 6 - Meeting the Uchihas

Tajima pov:

"What about our defense team?" I questioned Rokuro, one of the scouting and attacking team captains, as I walked through the Uchiha Compound.

"We've lost two men and one woman during a surprise attack from the Honsho Clan but the rest of the enemy has been taken care of. I had a combat unit sent out to take care of their settlement just outside the Uchiha Clan territory and I received news just a little while ago that the enemy has retreated for now. If you give me permission, I can send out a notice to the Honsho Clan that they should surrender to us, failing which, we will launch a full scale attack on them." He reported.

I nodded and stepped into the meeting room where several others were gathered. I had called all of them for an important meeting regarding the new healer we had had brought to serve us.

"Yes, we will send out a notice to the Honsho clan. Make sure you tell them clearly that we will not show mercy if they refuse to surrender or if they try to get help from any other clan to fight us." I said and took my seat on the pillow at the head position in the room.

"Understood, Tajima sama. Then I will send out a messenger immediately." Rokuro bowed and excused himself from the meeting room.

"Where are Madara and Izuna?" I asked first, seeing that they weren't here despite how important this meeting was to the clan.

"They left early this morning for another fight against the Akimizu clan. Madara sama mentioned that they have been coming into our territory and setting up traps. He and Izuna sama wanted to check it out and have them stop causing us problems." Shuji, another high ranking member of the clan, informed me.

"Ah, the Akimizu clan? They're so weak and all they can do is lay silly traps in our territory. Well, we don't have to worry about it, since Madara and Izuna have gone to handle this matter themselves. But it seems that they won't be able to make it to this meeting." I said with a frown.

Madara was particular about seeing the healer and judging her loyalty to our clan himself. I knew that it was more than enough if I saw through this myself, however, it was understandable that Madara would want to take such an important decision himself because he was the current leader of the clan. Besides, the clan's wellbeing was his first priority and he would not be even the slightest lenient to anyone who posed a threat to us.

But dealing with the healer could not be postponed. It was best if we looked into this as soon as possible to prevent any possible trouble to the clan from her. I would talk to Madara and Izuna about this once they returned.

"Kiyoko, I want you to bring the healer here. Madara and Izuna will have to meet the healer when they get back from the battlefield. For now, we will see her and decide how to progress with this matter." I ordered.

Kiyoko stood up and gave a deep bow. "I will bring her here, Tajima sama."

She walked out of the room and discussions broke out amongst those gathered here.

"Tajima, was it really wise to have brought someone unaffected by the Sharingan as our clan's healer? It is quite certain that she will be untrustworthy because she is an outsider and she knows every possible weakness of the human body!" Elder Minoru said.

"That's true. Besides, you say that she is an ally of the Senju! There's no way we can trust her, Tajima sama!" Shuji voiced.

"It is not clear if she is an ally of the Senju. The Senju may merely have been protecting her because they planned to make her their clan's healer sooner or later." I responded curtly.