Chapter 34

*Maheshwari Pov*

"James!" I heard a voice screaming his name and there was a cough added to it too.

I frowned halting my moments of peeling the vegetables and waited for the voice again thinking I must have imagined it.

"James!" and that made me step away from the kitchen before reaching the living room to see two people standing there with frowns along with two bodyguards having nervous expressions.

"Yes?" I asked making the two people frown at me.

"Who are you?" the old woman asked and I frowned back.

"This is my house." I replied, making her gasp while the woman with her frowned before glancing at the old woman.

"This is my grandson's house." I got the words from this old woman making me frown more.

"You are Nakul's Grandma? But he doesn't have one, right?" I asked frowning.

"I am kind of like that to that sweet boy but I was talking about James." She explained and I immediately grinned before reaching near her.

"You are James Grandma? Wow! I wanted to meet you for so long." I said, but saw her distant expressions making me realize what she must be thinking.

"I am Nakul's wife." I explained and she sighed in relief.

"Oh! Then why did you say this is your house?" she asked and I smiled at her.

"Because Nakul and I live here while James lives in that outhouse..." I couldn't finish it seeing her horrified expression.

"He lives there? How can he do that? This is what he is doing all these years to live like that?" she started breathing heavily with anger.

"Grandma! It doesn't matter how he is living. He is happy with his life and that is important." The woman with said smiling at her.

"She is right! I am Maheshwari and you are?" I asked smiling.

"I am Tina!" she replied, smiling warmly.

"It's been a long journey for her. Can she take a rest?" she asked, holding her hand.

"Sure! Please come with me." I replied, but the Grandma frowned.

"I will stay at his house." She stated, but I shook my head.

"It is small like you said and will not be comfortable for you. And don't you want to stay at the house of the person who is also like your grandchild?" I asked her smiling and she finally nodded.

I took them to the first floor and went inside one unused guest room where both of them decided to stay. I talked to them for a few minutes before leaving to let them rest.

I started cooking finally feeling easy to do it after finishing the contract with the cook with Di's suggestion. Then I remembered that Di should meet James only family.

Maybe after they wake up, I will call her here and I don't know whether he told her about his marriage also. I frowned and immediately called Nakul while doing the work.

When he didn't lift I called James, who also ignored it. I sighed and continued to ring them in between but waited for them more.

"Maha!" I heard the voice and immediately walked out of the kitchen with everything finished to see Di walking into the house.

"Di!" I said, smiling and she just sat on the couch while I sat beside her.

"I don't know what to do, Maha. He is like so looking forward for divorce." She said, sighing, and I held her hand.