58| returning to hogwarts

"We're back, bitches!"

Y/N POV

"You bloody fools. What were you thinking coming here?" A man with a long grey beard said—entering the room. "Do you have any idea how dangerous this is?"

Aberforth Dumbledore.

Harry turned around, and spoke, "It's you who I've been seeing in here. You're the one who sent Dobby."

"Where have you left him?" He asked, turning around.

"He's dead." Harry said.

"Sorry to hear it. I liked that elf." He said.

"Who gave that to you?" Harry said, pointing at the old mirror hanging on the wall.

"The mirror? Mundungus Fletcher, about a year ago." He said.

"He had no right!" Harry said. "That mirror belonged to—"

"Sirius." The man cut off. "He also told me you'd be hacked off if you ever found out I had it, but ask yourself, where would you be if I didn't?"

The man set down some food and water, and I took some hastily. I was nearly starving.

"Do you hear much from the Order?" Hermione asked, grabbing some food also.

"You-Know-Who has won. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves." He said.

"We need to get into Hogwarts. Tonight." Harry said. "Dumbledore gave us a job to do."

"Did he now? Nice job? Easy?" He asked.

"We've been hunting Horcruxes." Harry said.

"And we think the last one is in the castle, but we'll need help getting in." I added.

"That's not a job my brothers given you. It's a suicide mission." He said. "Do yourself a favor, boy, and go home. Live a little longer."

"Dumbledore trusted me to see this through." Harry said.

"What makes you think you can trust him?" He asked—raising his voice. "You think you can believe anything my brother told you? In all the time you knew him, did he ever mention my name? Did he ever mention hers?"

Aberforth pointed up to the painting of the young girl on the wall.

"I'm not interested in what happened between you and your brother. I don't care that you've given up. I trusted the man I knew. And we need to get into the castle tonight." Harry said.

Aberforth waited, processing what Harry said. He then turned around to the portrait, and nodded to the young girl. "You know what to do," He spoke.

The girl nodded back, then turned around and walked away.

"Where have you sent her?" I asked, watching as she walked father and father away until I couldn't see her anymore.

"You'll see soon enough." He said, turning around.

Hermione walked next to me—Ron following.