twenty-one

Niall

I walked up the stairs to my flat with my heart in my throat. Despite having talked to Gray I was still very scared about the conversation that would've happened. What if Liam wouldn't have truly understood my reasonings? What if he'd have asked for a divorce?

I reached my apartment and I took a deep breath before inserting the key into the lock and turning until I heard the familiar click. Here goes nothing. I kind of hoped Liam wasn't home, even though there was no reason for him not to be so early in the morning, so that I could've had some time to myself to figure out what to say to him. I really hoped everything would've gone well. I couldn't afford to lose someone as special to me as he was. And I also loved him. Yeah, I loved him.

When I entered the living room I discovered that despite what I'd hoped Liam was not only at home, but also already up and waiting for me sitting on the couch. He looked up at me in the second he heard the sound of the keys being put on the shelf next to the TV and I met his gaze, a wave of guilt washing over me.

"I'm happy to have you back" he said not moving from his position, "It's been hard without you around."

"That's cute, you missed me" I replied as I left my bag close to the couch and left the room to go back in the entrance, taking off my coat, that I'd forgot on in my rush to find out if I was alone or not, and hanging it.

"We have to talk about all of this." He'd stood up from the couch and was looking at me from the door that brought to the living room, a worried look on his face.

I looked at him. "I know." I went back into the living room and I sat on the couch, hoping that he would've listened to me. "Please believe me when I say I didn't mean to. I was completely drunk, it was just a terrible mistake. I love you so much, I'd never want to do something like this to you. Hell, I won't do the same mistake ever again. You have to believe me." I said, taking his warm hands into mine when he sat next to me.

He diverted his gaze. "Niall... I thought about this, and... I decided I will forgive you. I understand it was a mistake. I'm sorry for reacting like that, I should've listened to your side of the story."

My eyes widened in surprise. "Are you really forgiving me?" I asked, and he nodded. "Just like this? No hours spent begging, nothing at all?"

He stifled a laugh. "Niall, we're 23. We're way past that."

I smiled at him. "What about I make you a really nice dinner tonight? With candlelights, and all?" I whispered to him, adding a sparkle of complicity to the offer. "Just for a second forgiveness" I said into his ear and bit his earlobe. I felt his hand run up my back and down again, until it settled on my waist, bringing me closer to him.

"A second forgiveness sounds nice" he said, pushing me down on the cushions. "But maybe" he added, straddling my waist and leaving a soft kiss on my neck, just under my jawline, "I have something else in mind to guarantee that."

"What is it?" I whimpered to him as I felt his teeth grazing over the spot.

He distanced himself enough to meet my eyes, and cupped my cheek. "Well, let me think..." He said, pretending to think about it. His hand run down on my chest, stopping right a little below my waist, and I breathed in hard. "Maybe I have an idea" he replied, leaning down to kiss me again.

I got myself together and sat up. "What about later? I have to buy some stuff now. You know, for tonight's dinner!" I explained.

He glanced at the clock. "It's like, 9am, Niall."

I smiled at him, and pushed him away gently. "You know I like to get ready in time. Just get ready for work now, I'll see you later tonight." I walked to the door. "Bye bye" I said, getting out.

The supermarket was close to my house, on the way from my house to Gray's actually. I got inside, trying to remember everything I needed for the nice dinner I had in mind.

As I reached to take a wine bottle, another hand touched mine. I turned my head to my left, so fast that I almost felt my neck cracking. I was met by golden eyes.

"Lovely to see you here, blondie" he said.

"Zayn, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm here to make you sin again" he replied, smiling at me innocently.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

He laughed. "I was just kidding, blondie. It's been some time since we last hung out, hasn't it?"

"Yeah" I said, and watched as he circled me to get to the other side, picking up a bottle of wine.

"Wanna come over at mine? Have some fun?" He asked.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea."

He gave me a smug smile. "Why wouldn't it be?"

I looked at him. His dark hair were quite messy, and his golden eyes were staring right at me in an alluring way.

"You know what, I'm up for it" I replied, and he smiled.

Zayn

"Shall we go, then?" I asked him, licking my lower lip. As soon as I did it he looked like he was about to suffocate, and I smiled to myself at his slightly, for him, embarrassing reaction.

"Sure!" He chirped, way more eagerly than he should've, considering... everything. He looked at the bottle on the shelf. "I should shop though. I have to make a good dinner for Liam tonight."

I scrunched my nose at the mention of his husband. "You can do it later" I mused, trying to act as if I wasn't touched by that. My fake smile turned into a smug one when he nodded.

"You're right" he said, almost as if he was breathless.

Good job Niall, I thought to myself, keep being the fake asshole you've always been. For once his tragic way of being was coming to my advantage, and I absolutely loved that.

We left the shop and entered my car. I put on some music as soon as I turned on the engine, sitting up more comfortably and starting to drive. After a while I put my hand on his knee, spying his reaction with the corner of my eye.

He gulped, staring down at it before looking at me with a shocked look on his face, it being the first time I'd come onto him while he was sober.

I pursed my lips to avoid a smirk from showing on my face.

I parked the car as soon as we arrived at my place, exiting it with a fast move and waiting for Niall to do the same before locking it. I opened the gate and walked in, shortly followed by Niall. I unlocked my door, entering my house and waiting for Niall to do the same.

As soon as he did I closed the door and slammed him against it, trapping him between my arms. "So, where were we?" I murmured into his ear, pushing my crotch against him and hoping that it would've been enough for him to drop his inhibitions and throw himself on me just like the last time.

It had been way easier than I'd expected when I'd first discovered Niall had come to my party, if I had to be honest. I'd expected to have to seduce him, I'd thought he would've been way too faithful to his husband to even think about cheating on him. It had turned out that I thought of him way more highly than he truly was, and well, that kind of said it all. He'd thrown himself at me, and despite all that had happened since then, I was well damn sure he would've done it again.

"I..." he murmured, wrapping his arms around my neck and pulling me into a kiss.

What a good boy, cheating on his husband with no care in the world. I would've said I was surprised, but I wasn't at all.

"How about we take this to my bedroom?" I said lowly when our lips parted, looking at him in the eyes.

He seemed to melt under my touch. "Sure" he mumbled, and I smiled to myself, slowly taking him down the hallway.